The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By mommychic02
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can't say that someone is wrong for a fact unless you have the evidence. So, George. You can say and question people all you want but by blatantly saying they are wrong, is simply untrue. How would you know? Are you God? I think not. Fine if you 'think' another's opinion is wrong, but you can't prove it. I think you have some opinions that got a little personal and should have kept them to yourself, but I am not saying that I know you seem to think you have the authority to pass judgement(but don't), it's just my opinion. Also, a "a dead giveaway to [your] mentality" is the way you personally attacked joasia. Don't assume you know how another person views the world or how they feel. You don't happen to be psychic do you? If so please correct me. I happen to agree with joasia, but neither of us were/are trying to "force" our views on anyone. We are simply stating them. Do with them what you will.

Example : "I'm sure that for people like joasia, this would be "evil," regardless of the opinions of another people..." that was in reference to allowing Native Americans to hunt animals. Maybe to " people like joasia"(oh stereotyping now are we?) it might be cruel regardless of others opinion, but that applies to anything. I'm sure that regardless of my opinion, you still view things the same. By your standards, shame on you for not even considering MY(or Joasia's) opinion in YOUR beliefs... I certainly don't consider yours. Sorry for being a little on the rude side, it's just my opinion. Whether I'm right or wrong, who's to say? Certainly not yourself, George. Only God has the answers. And that is not an opinion. That is a fact.
By mommychic02
Now, apart from the personal vendettas...... You don't need to "make" miniature kittens. They occur naturally. It is unfortunately a genetic defect, but it occurs in nature and is not forced. The cats are known as Munchkins. They are bred just like any other normal cat, however, they are more difficult to find and VERY expensive. They tend to stay around 8 pounds for their entire adult life ( but can get bigger)and have very short legs much like miniature dachshunds. They have recently been awarded a formal category and recognized as a breed by the CFA. You can buy these animals registered and show quality.
By abra
mommychic02 wrote:Now, apart from the personal vendettas...... You don't need to "make" miniature kittens. They occur naturally. <<<<

this is correct

>>>>It is unfortunately a genetic defect, but it occurs in nature and is not forced. <<<

Also correct

>>The cats are known as Munchkins. They are bred just like any other normal cat, however, they are more difficult to find and VERY expensive. They tend to stay around 8 pounds for their entire adult life ( but can get bigger)and have very short legs much like miniature dachshunds. They have recently been awarded a formal category and recognized as a breed by the CFA. You can buy these animals registered and show quality.
<<<

Ok BUT there is another REAL miniature breed
(not dawrf or runts) but a real healthy, miniature version of normal sized counter part..and its a pure pedigree ..

What is i t?? well Iv heard it called 'Teacup' persian which mature to a tiny 3lb (uk)
and the next size up is the 'TOY' maturing at upto 6lb..

the normal sized persians mature at upyo 16LB

So there you have it.. Go look for Teacup persians..I think there is one breeder in USA ( cats in the craddle ) maybe others
And maybe a few in the UK..But you will have to look very hard for them unless you know someone who already knows hahaha..
Again this is a relatively new Toy feline breed and in the early stages of breeding programs, so will be vary rare for a good few years yet.

Hope this helps you..
Regards
Abra
By magicat
Small doesn't mean cute. Some of those little dogs are ugly. :-P
By 4nn4605
you magicat said the exact thing i wanted to say, my cat of 22 pounds is just as cute now ate age 8 as he was at age 2 months and he is so big he can pin me to my bed!
By magicat
Thank you, 4nn4 ;-)
By 4nn4605
your welcome! but seriously while having miniature trees/plants and miniature animals is okay, know that it is often a lot of work just for something thats cute. they often need a lot of attention and because they are different and new its no garente that the vet will know how to cure it if it gets sick. so i would advise against getting one for a whle yet.
By wendyw05
I actually have a miniature cat. The cat that had her is normal size, she was just born this way. I wouldn't change anything about her. She is perfectly healthy, happy,and very loved.
By henryc
Little kitties are soooooooo cute! I would love it if someone came up with a small breed of kitty that mews and squeaks for it's life. However, I am curious to know if that kitty would behave.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]