The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By L.Malone
Computer cases have two obvious problems. First they are not recyclable (or made from recycled material) and secondly they come in many pieces and parts and are made from various materials. Metal & Non-recyclable computer cases fill our landfills everyday with toxins.

My ideal case would be some form of injection-molded (from recyclable or recycled plastic) single piece case which could house the main computer components.

Allowances would need to be made for case cooling as well as a hinge/closure mechanism to allow easy access of internal components.

I worked for a plastic-folder manufacturer several years ago that had developed CD/DVD binders that where 100% recyclable, so if a simple design could be worked out I believe this would help reduce the strain on the environment, and eventually reduce the price of computers plus the would come in some really COOL COLORS!

Making this one single piece would allow these to be manufactured by the gazillion for little $$ once the initial molding & setup has been paid for.

I have not seen anything like (a single piece case) on the net; please let me know if you find something similar or have some ideas.

Reward: A few of these in various colors.
In design for something like this, always keep in mind that the metal structure of a case helps with grounding out static charges. I have built completely clear Lexan cases before, so that doesn't rule out the idea entirely, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]