Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By bstrick1411
I have an idea to where you could generate energy from solar panels and have no need for an elelctrical or gasoline engine
for replinishment of the battery source.

Does anyone know if there is rechargeable battery storage available
for solar charging that is dependable and that is renewable without replacement such as replacing the liquid cells when it gets older.

Also can somone tell me what the highest output generator is and where i can find the best price on a good generator?
By 3BlindMoose
Well,

From what i know of solar installing i can say that yes they make batteries specific for solar panels to store energy. They are about twice the size of a car battery, at least the ones i have seen. This allows you to live off the grid so to speak, generating your own enery and not having a main electrical line from your house to the electrical grid supplied by your local electric company. From what i know about batteries lithium ion batteries are currently the best, longest lasting, but they are expensive. They do have more life cycles than normal batteries, meaning that they can be charged with electricity and then used, drained, a certain number of times, say 500. After that number of cycles you would have to replace them, as of yet they have not come up with a battery that you never have to replace, I do know that if taken care of they can last a really long time.

From my limited knowledge working on solar that is what i know, you could contact Sharp, or xantrax for more details on solar stuff.
By greatjay
As far as I know, the solar cells on the pannels only absorb a certain amount of charge from the sun and any additional charges are discarded. By this I mean that if for example it needs 4 electrons to gain a charge, and it gets hit with 5 electrons, that additional one is wasted. Now if there was a way to use that battery specially made for storing solar energy, it could be possible to use it as a storage battery while the main battery gets charge from the solar pannels from where the main power source is generated.

Any thoughts?
By huntjulien
iv got a crazy idea... i have a cellphone but i hate having to remember to charge it. wat happens if im in an emergency and i need a charged phone. well how about a phone that charges when u shake it. think about it. ur walking down the street with ur phone in ur pocket and ur phones charging! this means your phone will always be charged and it will be like ur didnt even have to remeber to charge it! i think if you use the vibration motor to intaken energy it could be a great selling feature!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]