The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By george g moore
The reservoir in your toilet is much too large for the quantity of water needed to flush out the contents after use. Suppose if everybody put a red brick in the bottom of their reservoir how much water that would save!

Reward: One pound box of basmati rice
By troyblando
I didn't look at your age so I ignored this. Check out the 70's!!! 4th grade Mr Scuppmann Fridley MN 55427 Not NEW
By WSparrow23
Another way is to drain the tank and use some caulking to attach sheets of styrofoam to the walls of the tank.
By john.thai
Not a new idea, but doesn't make it bad, if someone didn't think or know about it and came across it here, it doesn't hurt anyone.

Regarding using a brick, brick is not the recommended material to use, it actually breaks down over time and could actually do damage to your plumbing, which could hurt your wallet in the future and in turn, environmentally cuz you'd have to use new materials, basically adding to the waste pile, etc etc. You can have the same benefits just by using a bottle of water or something else that would offset the same amount of volume. Also you can make adjustments to the buoy/floaty that is inside the tank and have it shutoff a bit sooner, using both together should save a nice bit of water.
By adammathewjones
I do not have idea regarding the amount of water to be saved. But I surely know that if all the people are doing like this in order to save the water. There will not shortage of water.
By Jeremysb92
Why do we use drinking water to pee in and flush and the water we bath in goes down the drain too. I like the idea of using less water, but instead of wasting water it should be redirected to another useable spot, not the sewer.
By arnoldchphilip
Jeremysb92 wrote:Why do we use drinking water to pee in and flush and the water we bath in goes down the drain too. I like the idea of using less water, but instead of wasting water it should be redirected to another useable spot, not the sewer.
Luvd it folk.. yes you are right.. the water can be used for plantation ..as of now we all suffering from the GW factor.. (Glo-War).

Arnold.

By jodonow
Jeremysb92 wrote:Why do we use drinking water to pee in and flush and the water we bath in goes down the drain too. I like the idea of using less water, but instead of wasting water it should be redirected to another useable spot, not the sewer.
I don't know where you live but in most places tap water is actually not potable, fluoride that is added to most tap water in developed countries is highly toxic, it's what toothpaste generally has, and toothpaste says do not swallow.
Depending on different countries there is about as much fluoride in 1-4 glasses of water as in a normal dollop of toothpaste, and yes the reason for not swallowing toothpaste is the fluoride it contains.
The claim that fluoride is good for teeth is just that, a claim, there is no scientific proof of it anywhere, it's just that it's such a old claim (in beggining of 20th century) that everyone takes it as truth, but there isn't a scientific paper reporting any experiment that showed this to be the case.

regaring the content of the idea, there are plenty of toilet reservoirs that have several different systems to save water.
Now if you are suggesting that toilet reservoirs bigger then a certain size be illegalized that's another thing that would save water, but that's not clear in your idea, plus I doubt that'll ever be accepted by most.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]