The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Gerald Moonen
I am absolutely baffled, why it is that the concept of stereo vision has not been applied to visual electronic recording and viewing. Why is there no video recorder that has two video tracks, one for each eye.

Why are there no cameras available with two swing-out lenses to record for those two channels. Why do we not have on our TVs a plug-in system in which we can plug virtual reality viewers to watch TV or the movies in stereo? The system of stereo has been known for over 160 years and is not being exploited by the electronics industry. I am baffled.
By jackjohnson
I agree and am baffled too. And quite disappointed as well as I enjoy the concept of virtual reality in movies and television productions a lot. But 3D tv's that don't require glasses are becoming cheaper and better and virtual reality via a headset is as I understand it currently too slow, low-textured and headache inducing for a number of people but also on its way to become an everyday consumer product. I share your disbelief and presumable wish for 3D technology to be integrated in today's televisions - the ones we own. To people in the industry: we are ready for three-dimensional entertainment! Or education/information/etc. 3D rocks!
By Rishi
Gerald Moonen wrote:I am absolutely baffled, why it is that the concept of stereo vision has not been applied to visual electronic recording and viewing. Why is there no video recorder that has two video tracks, one for each eye.

Why are there no cameras available with two swing-out lenses to record for those two channels. Why do we not have on our TVs a plug-in system in which we can plug virtual reality viewers to watch TV or the movies in stereo? The system of stereo has been known for over 160 years and is not being exploited by the electronics industry. I am baffled.
Chek out this site.

http://ww11.e-tractions.com/designnews/ ... 1202589515

rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]