The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Eduardo and his brother
No, this isn't some new spellcheck feature, but it might also be useful...

If you encounter someone (some woman) in a forum such as this who seems normal one day, but *beep* the next, all you have to do is let this convenient plug-in search and filter all of that person's previous posts, and determine if there is a monthly cycle of exclamation marks, italics or profanity. If there is, you have successfully detected the relevant period, and can set the tool to ignore that user's posts during the times of greatest danger.

Reward: Peace.
By Steve
I think this would be equally useful to apply to men and women. My first candidate would be a former (male) friend of mine...

Hey, this could be the key to world peace, Ariel Sharon could use it on Yassir Arafat and vice versa!

Only problem: How will we get Mr. Sharon to visit these forums... :,-(
By Shumway
Oh man, you'e asking for trouble with this idea! ;-) I pity you when the ladies read this one. You should run and hide before the come after you! Rule number one in the "Guide to Safety Around Women" is NEVER make fun of the cycle! :-b
By duh
think pasta and chocolate, or.......you just may be the kind of guy that brings out the worst in females....my guess is the latter.
By Shauna and Brenda
:-# just for the record you and your brothers are just plain sick. i mean its our issue not yours. At least you could have gotten a girl to help you invent this. O and im sure you would know about it too. From now on stick to guy things and leave the girl issues to girls. :-P
By Will Not Tell
Perfectly right..................
By Steve
Just a reminder: Not getting personal makes everybody's lives easier... Thank you! ;-)
By Steve
Actually I think it's a shame that everybody keeps picking on the sexist component of this idea. What about other aspects?

Most people would probably agree that life (male, female or other ;-) ) is influenced by all kinds of waves, biorythms, etc. I suppose that a lot of folks are currently doing research on this subject, and using forum posts as an indicator is truely an interesting idea. Just think about how convenient this is: no extra interviews have to be conducted, there's a date tag to every post, and the whole assessment could probably be done by some slightly advanced package of language software.

Sorry to say, but this sounds very promising! 8-o
By jackjohnson
Imagine a device registering male sexual excitement and when it does sending a signal to the toilet to another device there that then starts rolling out the toilet paper.

Eduardo and your brother, you lost me here:
'who seems normal one day, but *beep* the next', it should have read in my not so humble opinion: 'who -act- normal one day, but *beep* the next.'
By Michael D. Grissom
Great point Steve! This one's really got me thinking about the software possibilities for increased accuracy in surveys, focus groups, etc.

Why do I think this???

Well,... IF YOU DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT GONNA TELL YA!!! :~(

eh hem,... sorry 'bout that. It's just that I get really up-tight every month on payday. I need a raise.
By Weiryhead
Might be useful on the internet, but it won't do you any good in real life.
A bit dangerous to conclude that a female has her period every time you get a sour response.
At least be sure that the female REALLY didn't have a reason to get mad, cause if she did, it might be you lacking social skills (or at least expressed yourself poorly) :-? Wouldn't be fair to blame it on her period if that's the case, would it ?! :-b
Here's an idea; in the menu, to the left, there should also be a catagory called WOMAN !!!!
I bet it will be hillarious !
;-D :-D
By lookingforideas
Shauna and Brenda wrote::-# just for the record you and your brothers are just plain sick. i mean its our issue not yours. At least you could have gotten a girl to help you invent this. O and im sure you would know about it too. From now on stick to guy things and leave the girl issues to girls. :-P
Im detecting something.... lol
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]