The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By NathanL
My idea is to invent a inflatable suit like an air bag for motorcycle riders. Have the rider tethered to the motorcycle, so if the rider starts to fall off it will inflate and the rider will have a greater chance of not breaking as many bones.

Reward: Credit
By thinktankak
Great Idea!, but if your in a head on collision you probably don't want to be attached to the motorcycle. Now picture this: when in the path for a head on collision- noted by the driver or computers monitoring surrounding accelerations and directions of other motor vehicles using cameras an emergency button is pushed so that the protective inflatable suit (covering all but your face) extremely quickly inflates with compressed air (that is lighter than the surrounding air) and thus lifting you in to the sky above the collision and saving your life.
By NathanL
thinktankak wrote:Great Idea!, but if your in a head on collision you probably don't want to be attached to the motorcycle. Now picture this: when in the path for a head on collision- noted by the driver or computers monitoring surrounding accelerations and directions of other motor vehicles using cameras an emergency button is pushed so that the protective inflatable suit (covering all but your face) extremely quickly inflates with compressed air (that is lighter than the surrounding air) and thus lifting you in to the sky above the collision and saving your life.

I was thinking of that too. But I didn't think how to word it and what I would use to make it happen.
Thanks for helping my ieda :>
By greatjay
all things are possible! The suit would need some kind mechanism though to make for easy landing if the biker is tossed that high up . Great idea!
By scooterman
New member here! Correct me if I am mistaken, but hasnt Honda developed an air bag for its Gold Wing touring bike? David Meyer aka scooterman (Honda Silverwing scooter).
By tkarsemeyer
Using the tether idea... if you've ever ridden a seadoo, the key is attached to your life preserver via a cord, and when you fall off the seadoo, the key pops out of the ignition and the machine powers off. This same principle could be applied, though not necessarily with the key/ignition. The rider would still be able to fall off the bike, but the fall triggers the protective suit to inflate.
By CreativeGene
A personal airbag is likely a better idea. Sorta like a ripcord only that's attached to the bike acting as a trigger.

This way, there doesn't have to be an impact at all but rather separation distance that, when you run out of ripcord length, the bag is triggered to inflate. Hell, you can fall off your stationery bike blind drunk and STILL have a soft landing. The cost of re-inflation would serve as a wake up call!
By Twistedspike
Just a thought that maybe there needs to be something that keeps the rider from accidentally setting it off when he or she forgets to unhook themselves from the teather. I can see it now... Guy pulls up to some hot chick Vroom Vroommm... ScreecHHHH! "Hey Baby, Like my Bike?" POOF!!!! LOL!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]