The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
This would be a device that you would plug into a wall and plug a heating appliance, such as a slow cooker or dehydrator, into the device. You would set the thermostat for the temperature you would like the food in the appliance to maintain, or possibly two temperatures: one for the appliance to turn on at when it falls below it and one for it to turn off at when it reaches it.

The sensor would be wireless, like some modern thermometers, and sealed such that it could be completely submerged in the food. Putting the sensor in the food is more accurate than putting it in the appliance, especially in a cold room.

Making it wireless and sealed would eliminate the problem of cords holding the lids and covers of appliances ajar. One could even screw the lid onto a jar with the sensor inside. This would be useful for anaerobic food ferments like sauerkraut. I would use it with a crockpot and a dehydrator that I bought at a thrift store.

Reward: A free one.
You could also have two more settings for the switch. One setting would be for refrigerating devices and would turn the device off when the food falls below a set temperature and on when it reaches above a set temperature. Another setting would be just a thermometer, which would allow you to see the temperature of the food displayed on the switch without it switching the device on or off.
fuji0010 wrote:The in-line wireless thermostat uses existing wires to enable ... The plug-in PTAC controller is even simpler to install. ... EnOcean (http://www.enocean.com), the inventor of self-powered wireless sensor & switch modules,

Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]