The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By ginjo
How about a program that requires fingerprint identification using a USB encrypted scanner. It scans your fingerprint to allow you into the program instead of asking for a password. Can be portable and just plug it in as needed to get into a program.
By RangerMateo
Check ThinkGeek.com, they have them built into USB dongles, PCMCIA cards and even mouses....

God Bless,

Matt
By HubCap
Problem with fingerprint ID sytem is that it can be defeated with a usage of scotch tape. A better solution is a iris scanner. :-)
By Deceptive Geko
Ranger Mateo is Right. They have these already. Infact I saw one in "Staples" yesterday. Good idea though.

I don't however, know of any programs that utilize this device. There has t be some sort of function for it or else it would not be sold anywhere. Mabey someone who actually owns a fingerprint scanner could give us all some more information
By whosbillnye
Deceptive Geko wrote:Ranger Mateo is Right. They have these already. Infact I saw one in "Staples" yesterday. Good idea though.

I don't however, know of any programs that utilize this device. There has t be some sort of function for it or else it would not be sold anywhere. Mabey someone who actually owns a fingerprint scanner could give us all some more information
My brother in law has one.You can limit access to certain files using the scanner.We tried to fake a fingerprint when he first got it,i was surprised to find out that the only way we could do it was a wax copy of a finger print.(normally a light spray of hairspray and some tape will get the job done)
Paranoid?(a little) But usefull if you have computer savy kids in the house or a nosey co-worker.
By sneezyalex
sure ou can buy those but for a little more security try a gel scanner which can not be fooled by fakes, a iris scanner, and a voice scanner. Some of these things can't come cheap though.
By 1313
I saw an article the other day where a security system was compromised because they had cut off a mans finger, and they used this to gain access.
By WSparrow23
Mozilla Firefox is capable of using the fingerprint readers to allow/deny access it can also be set up to use your thumbprint instead of passwords at the various websites you visit.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]