Yesterday's news and re-inventions that have been submitted to the Creativity Pool. See what they look like and where to get them.
By John Guthrie Canfield
i have an ideal of inventing a pop up muffin pan. it consists of having springs under each hole on a pan. There would be a handle to the side coming. it would release the muffins and pop them up. there would be another layer of metal under the pan so the springs would be closed in, where you couldn't see them. between the layer of metal and the bottom of the muffin pan would be the springs. Then you would have a kind of release in it also connected to the handle outside of the pan. press the handle and the muffins would pop up after they have cooled. you may have to grease the pan before baking muffins, so that they would pop out easier.

Reward: A pop up muffin pan (see above).
By Michael D. Grissom
You could also spot weld bi-metal strips in the bottom of the holes that pop the muffins up automatically upon reaching the desired temp while cooling.

Note: bi-metal strips or springs is how most home thermostats, toasters, crock-pots, etc. work.

Dang! -- now you went and made me hungry for muffins!
By astall
That's a pretty good idea. Do you think you could sell it?

If so, I can design it and probably get a prototype built.

If you're interested let me know.
By Michael D. Grissom
Before anyone would buy it they would need to be convinced that it is better than the really inexpensive fan-folded paper muffin cups we've been using for over 30 years. I made muffins this morning for breakfast and the paper cups I used were in a 49 cent box of 88 cups. That's about a half cent each or six cents total for the 12 muffins I made. And, considering that because I used paper cups I don't have to wash the muffin pan which probably saves six cents in soap and hot water.

However, if they're chopping down the Rain Forest to make my paper muffin cups that contribute to global warming when incinerated at the garbage dump and that melts the polar ice caps and raises the ocean level that floods inland and washes away my muffin pans then, well, I'd call that "a wash". :P
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]