The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By peterent
Apple sells a product called the "Airport Express". It is a wireless networking node. You can plug your computer into it to join the network OR you can plug in a pair of speakers - this is called "Air tunes". iTunes allows you to stream music to multiple Airport Express nodes.

My idea is to create a boom-box that has an Airport Express built into it.

Right now you have to take your speakers or boom-box and your Airport Express to your listening spot. You plug the Airport Express into a wall outlet, then plug your Airport Express into your boom-box. If your boom-box needs to use A/C power, you have to plug that into the wall, too.

By merging these two pieces of equipment, you have a single box that can go anywhere in your house and you just plug it in. iTunes will find it and send music to it.

If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone with the Remote application you can control iTunes remotely as well.

There are a number of devices you can plunk an iPod into and have speakers. This is different and, I think, pretty simple to build for someone familiar with electronics. I don't think you'd even need to disassemble the Airport Express.
By indy2878
Not a bad idea actually ;D . I would like to share and expand on your idea if you don't mind. I also thought of a "wireless computer monitor" that can be detachable from a laptop. They have something like this technology at Fry's. The "wireless computer monitor" would be powered one of a few ways.... Plug into an outlet, battery powered, solar powered and wind powered. Perfect for use on the highway as a "Please help me" sign.... With a built-in speakers or boom-box like you mentioned, you can stream video wirelessly as well. Or in a corn field in a farm to mark which crops are ripe and unripe, etc....

You can also add a new technology called, WI-MAX to further expand its range capabilities......
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]