The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Gerry Rae
A vest containing a compressed helium cylinder with a deploying balloon.

Microprocessor controlled valving to adjust gas volume to slow the descent of a person forced to jump from a highrise building. This device could also be used to lift survivors just above frigid or shark infested waters until rescue arrives.

Reward: My name imprinted on the device. Such as
Rae's Survivors Vest.
By Steve
Why slow the descent when you jump off a high rise building? I think the cool aspect of this idea is that to leave a sky-scraper, "down" isn't the only solution! Using a device that will keep you afloat is an interesting alternative, because it would definitely need less skills / training than a parachute.

Or maybe not. The only problem I see is to get the amount of helium right. Nothing would be worse than after having narrowly escaped a burning skyscraper you freeze yourself to death at 30,000 ft. Maybe it would possible to invent some kind of addon that would auftomatically keep the altitude?
By Michael D. Grissom
That would be a very large cylinder of gas and would require a time consuming harness to attach everything to yourself. A hang-gliders parachute fits inside of a briefcase and attaches to you in seconds -- no training required -- some models open themselves and for low altitude jumps, some are powered deployment types.
These are available from most if not all hang-glider supplies. I've had one for about 15 years.
By CycoMage
What about personal escape pods (presumably only for top execs, due to cost and greed (superiority?)) based on NASA's designs for Mars explorers (air-bags)? Boingy, boingy, boingy! !+) With the proper gas mix in the bags the fall should be survivable, if the landing isn't enjoyable. (yeah, I'm pretty cynical. Or so I've been told) B-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]