The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Young Genuis
A device that you stick in your mouth which applies toothpaste then brushes your teeth and sucks up all the spit and everything. All with a press of a button. Can be used while driving, getting dressed, playing video games or any other time you want to brush your teeth while busy.

Reward: Just want constructive criticism on the product.
By ryany
Good idea, although I have seen this. In the UK they have dispensers in airports and toilets where you can buy what they call a 'chewable toothbrush' which cleans your teeth without having to take a brush to them :)
By jawdoc
I am developing a device like what you described. It does not suck spit or spew toothpaste but it will help the disabled. See my website, http://www.oriusinnovations.com/.

The first prototypes will be ready by the end of this year. Clincal trials to begin early 2011.
By damienpreiss
whatc is the use?
next there will be self cleaning teeth....tight?
i mean how lazy can people get?
yes it is a nice idea, but the laziness ppl will get out of this? something less they have to do
By jawdoc
I agree with the lazy attitude prevalent throughout our society. This is not about laziness. This is about effectiveness. We are not good toothbrushers. And the ADA offeres us a "rule" of 2-3 minutes per brushing.

Well you can spend 2-3 minutes three times a day brushing ONE TOOTH!!.

The only reason for the 3 minute rule is that statistically you have a better chance of getting the brush near some of your other teeth.

What if all surfaces could be brushed effectively everytime? How long is the rule now? My guess is that total brushing time will be 20 seconds (10 for upper teeth and 10 for lowers). AND its finally done the right way.

It is imperative that this gets used by the disabled and elderly.
By Rjoto
ok, so you asked for feedback.

I'm *not* putting some little robot into my mouth and hope I'm not one of those *isolated* incidences where the little robot *malfunctions* inside my mouth: and my head blows up.

I can brush my own and manual toothbrushes are best, as many have commented.

Very nice of all of you who want to help the disabled, but you could help more by being there every day, for one or more individuals, than leaving them alone with a dangerous mechanical device. And, of course, for those who only want to make a profit on them...shame on you.
By jawdoc
Do wheelchair companies make a profit?

Do visiting nurse companies make a profit?

Does the computer company who created the product allowing you to send that helpful message make a profit?

If you had any concept of the dental problems that the disabled face you would not have made that goofy statement.
By Rjoto
Since you chose to make your "comment" a personal assault upon me, when the call was for "comments."

*** No one will fail to notice your 3 questions, right at the start. You obviously have no answers, so your petty words can't hurt anyone. Least of all, me.

I hope you grow up one day, for everyone's sake.
By brokeinventer
Kewl Dude . great Idea , how about a mouth piece (much like a mouth gaurd)that brushes all your teeth , gums and toung. it is activated by biting down and toung movement
By sj johanssen
how about a little device you pop in between your cheeks that sucks up *beep* then gives your sphincter a quick polish after a crap. is the goal in society to try to come up with as many inventions as they can to help the consumer never move a muscle? make life so automatic that the only thing that moves are the fat cells accumulating in your body? then what? having a doctor tell you that after you're done sitting in your automated lifechair all day you need to get your ass down to the gym and move your muscles there or be dead in a few years. not wise. when i was 12 years old i wanted to invent a remote controlled lawn mower and now almost 30 years later, not only do i not use a self propelled mower. i PUSH my mower by hand and not one with an engine on it either. I AM the gas for the lawnmower which means i get a workout i don't pay a gym pass to get, and i don't exhale smoke into the air which the world apprciates as well. otherwise known as killing two birds with one stone. use it or lose it-words to live by.
By jawdoc
Al,
The original intent for my invention was to help those who cannot brush their teeth. We did several focus groups with participants who all had disabilities effectng their daily activities. They all loved the idea. It's much harder to create than I originally thought, but we're still moving along.
By ladybugs442
To jawdoc: I think your idea is absolutely BRILLIANT! My father suffered from dementia and was partially paralyzed from strokes. He was devastated that he was losing his ability to do even simple things for himself - he had to have help with most everything. He was very depressed, and had asked many, many times to do things on his own, but each time he was more disappointed when he couldn't accomplish the tasks. If this had been around when he was still alive, I feel he could have had at least ONE thing he could have done by himself! Please keep up the good work - this product will definitely benefit the handicapped in more ways than you can imagine. As for the people commenting about laziness, shame on you for not thinking of others' needs and only about laziness. Please don't take their comments to heart - it is simply the unknown that prompts them. Again, thank you for pursuing this, for people like my father, may he rest in peace...
By jawdoc
ladybugs442 wrote:To jawdoc: I think your idea is absolutely BRILLIANT! My father suffered from dementia and was partially paralyzed from strokes. He was devastated that he was losing his ability to do even simple things for himself - he had to have help with most everything. He was very depressed, and had asked many, many times to do things on his own, but each time he was more disappointed when he couldn't accomplish the tasks. If this had been around when he was still alive, I feel he could have had at least ONE thing he could have done by himself! Please keep up the good work - this product will definitely benefit the handicapped in more ways than you can imagine. As for the people commenting about laziness, shame on you for not thinking of others' needs and only about laziness. Please don't take their comments to heart - it is simply the unknown that prompts them. Again, thank you for pursuing this, for people like my father, may he rest in peace...
Ladybugs - thank you for your kind words and Im sorry for the loss of your father. Progress is slow going and quite expensive but my motivation is still strong. Hopefully youll see it soon.
By ladybugs442
Thank you for the kind words. Your product has inspired me to write a paper for my marketing class. While doing my research, I see that to this day, there is still no competition. I wish you the best of luck in getting your product to the market. You will definitely be an industry leader when that time comes, and you will not be disappointed in all your efforts!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]