The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Utlun
When you press the brake pedal like you normally would, the different current will be sent to electromagnet pads. The electromagnet force will stop the rotating disk. The electromagnet pads are placed close to the disk but will not touch the disk, so they will last forever and the system is simple with fewer parts.

Reward: Name it with my name.
By ultimatumparagon
Utlun wrote:When you press the brake pedal like you normally would, the different current will be sent to electromagnet pads. The electromagnet force will stop the rotating disk. The electromagnet pads are placed close to the disk but will not touch the disk, so they will last forever and the system is simple with fewer parts.

Reward: Name it with my name.
this idea was already tried a long time ago
By Dorje
I do love this idea, both because of its ingenuity and because of how much excess electricity is produced by gasoline engines. However, EM brakes apply a force that is proportional to the speed of the wheels, which means that at close to 0 speeds, they apply a close to 0 force. Which means you can never stop the car completely. There are also some serious economic issues with adding magnets to tens of thousands of production cars, and that cost vs a piece of rubber. Anyway, props on the idea. Wikipedia also has a bit on EM brakes on trains.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]