The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By bobdafrog
A lot of people die of cancer because they don't go to the docter. Surely, however, more people would catch their cancer early if they could test at home. It would be like a pregnancy test, or a bloodsugar test.

Reward: Saving Millions of peoples lives! Maybe your own!
By Jonathan D
The process to discover cancer is precise and the machinery expensive. Good luck making it affordable and accurate.
By franis
In my town of San Anselmo, CA, someone has figured out how to train dogs to sense when someone has cancer. It's a very inexpensive way that indicates the presence of cancer long before it can be detected by other means. The outfit that provides this service is called "Pine St. Clinic" I believe and can be located in the phone book. It was an idea that a college student originated that turned out to be successful.

Pretty cool, huh?
By vbvicg
step 1, get a ph strip
step 2, test either your saliva, urine, or blood.
(saliva varies, blood is the most true test)
step 3, if you are acidic, get tested, if you are ph neutral, you are fine.

i actually have seen a hospital use this test to determine how bad a cancer patient was.

vbvicg
By franis
Maybe it could be a kit that collected samples that could be sent to and sniffed by the dogs at Pine St. Clinic?
By byronlewis
Lately I read an article which said that the scientists are working on a tiny liquid sensor that may detect cancer instantly. If they get a success, the tiny sensor would not be affordable to everyone.
By imarte2001
franis wrote:In my town of San Anselmo, CA, someone has figured out how to train dogs to sense when someone has cancer. It's a very inexpensive way that indicates the presence of cancer long before it can be detected by other means. The outfit that provides this service is called "Pine St. Clinic" I believe and can be located in the phone book. It was an idea that a college student originated that turned out to be successful.

Pretty cool, huh?
Indeed!!!!!,
But the idea of having an inexpensive disposable device is an Awesome idea too!, i like the idea of prevention better than lamentation. i'm gonna research about the latest technologies.
By franis
Anyone know whatever happened to this discovery?
http://youtu.be/z1ifXxbxhZc

Using the www.Kickstarter.com crowd sourcing for funding seems more than possible - given how many people and their loved ones have been affected by cancer. Of course, someone has to dare to be the organizer of the funding of such a project.

With this much of a threat to profits, it could be an intrigue filled or even life-threatening position to assume to affront the "big pharmaceutical " companies.

Or have I seen too many similar movie plots?
By emilysarahw14
It is more advanced to check if you have cancer from your home than it is to check your blood sugar or do a pregnancy test. How would you set up your cancer tester and how small/large would it be for example would I be able to carry it around with me say if I was on a holiday and would I be able to take it on a plane?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]