The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By zainashi
Instead of Making, issuing and using ATM Cards, finger prints should be used to draw money, as the Finger prints are unique to every human being. This can be referred to the country's Person database (SSN) if any. Banks will register the finger print in the bank system when opening an account. So how easy and secure a person went to an ATM, place his/her thumb on the reader and entered the security code and did his transaction.

Reward: If you liked my Idea say "YES"
By Dinoduck94
This is a very good idea, and im sure that it will be used in the future, but like having cards, this can still be forged. Fingerprints can be burnt off and cloned by a plastic rubber, so just like cloning cards, this can be manipulated.
By byronlewis
This is really a great idea but think the other way. What if you cut your finger which you have identified and you are in deadly need of money. You wouldn't be able to withdraw a dime from your account.
By damienpreiss
dude ive had this idea for a while too.
mine ya actually fingerprint at efpos.. half cause old people forget their pin and dont know what to do half the time.
By jackmartinn55
Yes it is a good idea. To use finger print for ATM machine instead of ATM card. Some ATM machine supported finger print option for selected option. But for that we need ATM card. If we use ATM machine without ATM card for that we just registration our fingerprint in bank. And you can easily use your finger print for Withdraw money or any facility of ATM machine. It is one of the type of biometric security.
By James888
Not a bad idea, but if you are going to go to that trouble why not do an Iris scan with over 700 points of comparison vs. less than 50 points of comparison for a finger print. Think of a number 50 numbers long vs a number 700+ numbers long ---> MUCH more secure. No need to take off your gloves in cold climates, no cut fingers problems. Good Luck....
By Dinoduck94
James888 wrote:Not a bad idea, but if you are going to go to that trouble why not do an Iris scan with over 700 points of comparison vs. less than 50 points of comparison for a finger print. Think of a number 50 numbers long vs a number 700+ numbers long ---> MUCH more secure. No need to take off your gloves in cold climates, no cut fingers problems. Good Luck....
Very true, but there is a problem with every suggestion anybody will make, and that is that there is always an underlying concern for a small percentage of the community, what if they're blind from an accident causing their iris to change shape and distort, there is just too many problems with every security measure like these. Using a finger print (loss of fingers?) using a card (loss of card?) using the iris (loss of eye?)
By James888
LOL, Yeh Dino, I suppose there will always be problems with any idea for a small segment of society. Captain Hook with an eye patch would have to go inside and see a teller.....LOL
By Januboy
The idea is cool. everything may have pros n cons, but creative ideas should go on....
By Mae
I think this idea with be good for those persons who are really busy with their work giving them stress throughout the day. But we must consider some problems that would occur if this would be a reality.
By Dinoduck94
Jras wrote:How about eye recognition
Same problem..... some people are blind and eye recognition doesnt work on blind eyes
By Jras
Dinoduck94 wrote:Same problem..... some people are blind and eye recognition doesnt work on blind eyes
Do blind people use ATMs?
By Ediacara
What if you die (car accident, airplane crash etc) and your close relatives need to access your funds from your bank account? Probably the banks have solutions for these kind of situations (dead, missing person), but depends in which country you live and how long will take to get money out from banks. Or, if somebody is cutting your finger just to get the money, what a pain! Criminal minds are everywhere...
By Landonjohnes
It was a very great idea and for that I want to say yes. There is also a main advantage that no one can cheat any of the account and also it can only be operated by the account holder or an card holder.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]