The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By maia
This seems like a no-brainer and if you know of one that exists, please enlighten me! I'm tired of getting 5-page faxes when I only need to see one of the pages. I wish I could view the fax and then decide what to print. I would save so much ink!
By eagle
This is a simple one....it's called EMAIL!
Fax is the thing of the PAST!!!! EMAIL>>>>EMAIL>>>>EMAIL!
You can preview , save , or delete and be done with it, you can also print it out if you want too.
By maia
E-mail is the logical choice for sending messages back and forth, but we need signed documents and most of our customers would not be able to scan and e-mail them with nearly as much ease as faxing.
maia wrote:This seems like a no-brainer and if you know of one that exists, please enlighten me! I'm tired of getting 5-page faxes when I only need to see one of the pages. I wish I could view the fax and then decide what to print. I would save so much ink!
it's called fax software

most modems in the last 15+ years have the ability to send & recieve faxes and come with sw to facilitate that. scan <whatever> into pc + send, recieve, preview or even edit before printing

many newer fax machines, particularly those that connect to a pc & double as printer/scanner/copiers, come with that type sw. some even convert incoming faxes into email automatically

on a related note, it's VERY easy to forge documents that way. allways get an original copy of signed paperwork, faxed signatures aren't worth squat in court
Well people, do I need a separate phone line for a fax machine? What if I choose to use my fax machine for a one-time occasion and take my regular phone cord and put in the fax machine, so when I am done I just take it out and put it back on my regular phone? Could this be done without any damaging effects? Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You can get an 800 or 888 toll free number for as little as $10 per month that will let you recieve faxes and a phone line with the same number. All the incoming calls are logged including blocked numbers.
The faxes come to you via email (PDF format). You can send faxes on your machine with the 800 number on the header.
I get a lot of junk faxes coming in and this is the best way to review faxes before printing.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]