The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By mrdee11091
This is like an ordinary skateboard with a large ball barring in the center instead of wheels.
By Steve
I think this is an amazing idea. ;-D Actually it's so simple that I wonder why nobody came up with it yet. But since I haven't seen it on the streets yet...

I suppose the feeling should be more or less like snowboarding. The ball should be connected with a braking mechanism, so you can ony go at full speed if you can keep the board level, otherwise it'll slow you down.
By Tommahawk
Why not get a scateboard and attach a large ballbearing to it. Tell use how it went.
By fatstrat
has anyone done this yet or no??? haha cause im ready
By FlatTop808
How are you going to control the direction? With one big bearing, you'll just end up rolling down the street like a stray basketball.
By Steve
Good question...
Steve wrote:The ball should be connected with a braking mechanism, so you can ony go at full speed if you can keep the board level, otherwise it'll slow you down.
The braking mechanism would need smart resistance (TM) capability (still to be invented ;-) ) so that the ball doesn't slow down all together, but the resistance is only increased in a certain direction, according to the angle and pressure applied.
By fatstrat
could have like 2 concave break pads on the left and right of the ball that push in and stop it from rolling.. but ya i see where ur goin with the no turning abilty thing.. haha... wheels are so much easier..

it was a good idea... ill keep testin ideas haha later ;-D
By Jim10
For a little more balance and control, use two large ball bearings...each taking the place of and in the position of typical skateboard axel with wheels fore and aft.
By FlatTop808
Two balls (giggle, snort) would be no better for steering. Since the balls can roll in any direction, you still wouldn't be able to control where the thing is pointed.
By Deceptive Geko
What if you just didn't steer....

that would be fun too
By mking
Has anyone made this ballboard yet? I believe that if you just apply force with the muscles in your legs and feet, "a kind of body twisting motion," that should be somewhat effective in controlling direction. It may take some practice, but should work. You could even possibly ad a spring loaded break pad that is formed around the composite wheel and operated by your back foot for a little added control, but I don't believe you would need it. I would like to see one.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]