Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By bubbler
SMall inter-grid connections allow for better effeciencies than 1 large source sending energy miles away.
-BOOST LOW ENERGY AREAS
-TEMPORARY POWER BOOSTER FOR PEAK AREAS
-SUBSIDIZE ENTIRE GRID
-COMPACT ENOUGH TO FIT ON A ROOF-TOP OR IN A BASEMENT.
-AVERAGING 8-12 MEGAWATTS
This all comes from a free unlimited source of solar energy, with a co-effeciency of more than 120%. no maintenance, no noise, no pollution, and safer than a toaster oven still in the box.
i can modify this design to fit just about any requirements.
By Jras
How?
The sun will eventually Die in the next 3 billion years or so. and maintanance will be required for the solarpanels.
By bubbler
I have most recently modified this basic design to explore the size limitations, in wonder that these could potentially replace existing Power Generating Plants (20-260 MegaWatt). My findings are conclusive as follows;

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
7 acre building site (mainly for the solar panels),
High Voltage Overhead Power line nearby,
street access.

BASIC GENERATING CAPACITY:
250 MegaWatt Production,
removes up to 20 TONS of Co2 monthly,
produces up to 1,500gal of Drinking Water monthly,

AVERAGE OPERATING COSTS: $200k annually (labor/maint/supervision) 2 man union crew,alternating shifts

AVERAGE POTENTIAL INCOME: $8.4m monthly @ $.07 per kwh (250,000kwh X 480hrs monthly=250,000,000kwh)
ESTIMATED INSTALLATION COSTS: $24m (not including land, power connection, or infrastructure)

NO POLLUTION, NO NOISE, NO FUEL CONSUMPTION, NO WASTE, ENDLESS FREE POWER!!!

Thank you for reviewing this creative puddle. please feal free to add comments/questions regarding the future locations in or nearby a highly populated urban area, since this is where most of our power is consumed in the US.

-Bubbler-
By rockeshrocks
As an Electrical Engineer we too researching about this idea. your ideas may attract huge capital investments and other maintainance expenditure. What is your plan for the solar panels during the months where we see less solar radiations?
By bubbler
the solar panels are configured at a 120% demand rate, so more power than needed will offset the "low sunlight days". besides that, wind and "off-peak" power will be used to run the main generating facility. This facility was also designed with an attached storage system, to store off-peak/excess power until further demand with very little overhead.

besides all that, i quit posting ideas simply because too many stupid people out there claim everything is impossible in their eyes, only on the fact that they cant possibly conceive the idea in a million years. since they made themselves god, we had better listen to them lmao!

this is only one of several ideas that i have posted, and i have several thousand more with more and more every day. but you cant fix stupid, so i shredded every drawing i had. no more threats, rude comments, or people saying its impossible. i have studied under NASA engineering, aeronautics, flight, mechanical, electrical, drafting, pneumatics, automation, fuel cells, and followed every major company throughout nearly every one of their big projects.

instead of constantly trying to save the planet and lives, i have exhausted all resources and funding with very little to show. even my own family claims me to be "wasting my time".

so be it! good luck to you all.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]