The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By PR Klein
The current practice of guarding against flooding into buildings is to fill and stack sandbags. This is labor intensive and presents the problem of disposing of the fill sand/dirt. The suggested invention is an inflatable hose-like vinyl/plastic/rubber material that could be uncoiled around the structure and filled with water to act as a barrier. Inasmuch as the hose is filled with water, it could float away when surrounded by water. Therefore, the hose is actually triangular shaped with heavier material bonded to the base side. The barrier could be emptied and re-curled after use. The cross-section design, weight and type of stabilizing material and ability to make connections of sections are variables for different heights of protection.

Reward: Seeing people triumph over tragedy would be great. Accolades would be nice, too.
By Andrew Adler
Triangular Shape! Always wondered about water vs sandbags and figured anchors into the ground would be of limited utility. Thanks!
By phil
doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of a flood gate with the water and all?
By God
THOU IS STUPIDETH!!!
By phil
oh yeah??? shut up god ur an old geezer
By God
thou shall burn in hell.
By Will Normand
u should listen to the guy, he is pretty smart. God knows all ;)
By phil
otay
By The little guy
God, you're needed. Microsoft has gone on another capitolist rampage again.
By God
Gotteth to go.
By Michael D. Grissom
How 'bout extruding your barrier in the form of a vertical accordian, burying it in an in-ground square channel (mini-mote) around the building, filling it partially with water, pull a slight vacuum to keep the accordian tightly collapsed (so that it's flush with the pavement where people can walk on it as a solid rubber surface) and, when in need, simply open the main valve and watch it rise straight up out ot the pavement? This way you have complete and instant on-demand control of deployment AND height of the wall. Also the ridges formed by the accordian wall will give it more than sufficient strength. AND,... rubber extrusion is a VERY inexpensive contiouous molding method (how spaghetti is made) that uses dies that can be made automatically from CAD drawing on most modern milling machines. Joints for large extrusions like this are easily made with current technology and are stronger than the extrusion (like welds). Hope this helps.

This is the construction method I researched for use on my collapsable speed-bumps that you only feel if you're going above the speed limit. I'll be adding the speed-bump invention to this forum in a few days.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]