The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By reyak
Basically, it's software that will find a specified game folder, locate all the audio/video/and image files and shrink them. By shrink, I do not mean zip.

The software would take say a jpg and extract some of the pixels, thus shrinking the file. Take away some noise in an mp3/wav file, and it also shrinks.

I have been doing this very tedious task manually for some time now in order to make graphically intensive games run faster. It DOES work.

Reward: a free copy + updates
By Zerfox
Wow, I really like this idea!!
I want to make this, but can you give me an example of a game that uses jpeg? ;D
Maybe you can send me your e-mail adres, I've some in-depth questions you might have an answer for.
By NCoppedge
In tandem with this hypothetically is the "creative" shrinker.

For example, using modal and polar opposites to code information.

See books by Nathan Coppedge for examples of this.
By reyak
Zerfox wrote:Wow, I really like this idea!!
I want to make this, but can you give me an example of a game that uses jpeg? ;D
Maybe you can send me your e-mail adres, I've some in-depth questions you might have an answer for.
There are a number of games using Jpg, or pictures in general. Mostly you will find these in arcade type games or top down RPGs, like Avernum, where the pics tend to be sprites. Some also use video in various formats like Diablo. You can contact me on google mail. Name's xreyakx
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]