The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By JennyB
Having suffered from a leaking roof for many years (a roof that has defied all attempts to fix it) my idea is for a product that can be used by anyone. Simply paint on the ceiling of the room below to stop the water coming through.

The products currently available to stop damp penetration simply don't work when water is actively dripping through the roof, so something stronger is urgently required. I don't have the courage to climb a ladder outside and wouldn't know what to do once I got onto the roof. Also, I am tired of paying roofers to fail to fix the roof. I'm sure there are many people in my situation.

I'm aware that this would be a purely cosmetic effect and not a "proper" cure but I'm sure there would still be a healthy market for this. I can't be the only desperate homeowner with a leaking roof who has tried everything and who despairs of ever being able get her bedroom decorations to last longer than one rainstorm!

Reward: Free product
By NCoppedge
Not to be rude, but this product exists. It's called tar. It is sometimes effective, and sometimes messy. Cleaning up can be expensive.

Your idea might be that this "paint" substance called tar should come in multiple colors.
By JennyB
Thank you for your reply, but I'm guessing that tar would have to be applied onto the outside of the roof? I'm really looking for something that can be applied onto the ceiling of the room indoors.
By jodonow
JennyB wrote:Thank you for your reply, but I'm guessing that tar would have to be applied onto the outside of the roof? I'm really looking for something that can be applied onto the ceiling of the room indoors.
Like you said it's not a cure, and if you just isolate on the ceiling the water is still going to infiltrate in to the roof and cause damage, rot away the roof etc.
The problem is you're not getting what you paid for when hiring roof fixers, you should take it to the adequate law orginazation. Just show them the bill and the non-properly-fixed-roof.
I'm pretty sure the UK like EU countries have a obligatory warranty on goods and services. On imobile things like houses I believe it's 5 years minimum warranty.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]