The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By zen2u62
Imagine the following... A plastic (36" tall x 6" wide x 2" deep) body dryer. It would house two hair blowdryer motors at the bottom. The panel would have vented slits or holes, or directional vents like car air vents on dash, and it would plug in to outlet. Mounted on the wall, with a descrete slim design, a large button could be tapped with one's toe to turn on. Hot air is pumped out along the entire length of the vertical panel. Design chambers so that air is channeled in a way that is blows out equally across entire surface. You could dry off after shower/bath as usual, then turn on to enjoy that last bit of drying while primping in the mirror.

Reward: Purging creative thoughts that keep building up.
By Steve
Just wondering - why use a dryer, when you can use a towel instead? Ok, ok, that's probably a totally embarrassing question, like: "Why go to a candle-light dinner, when you can also stop at McDonalds?" - Anyway, just wanting to make sure what's the idea behind it. ;-)
By zen2u62
Actually Steve, that is a totally fair question. I think that like alot of products, they are not always needs but wants. So, that means such an idea may be at a disavantage from the get go because it hits a small target. Also, some people, despite drying off, still "feel" as though they are damp. I thnk it could be a luxary product, but not for every one. Not luxury due to cost, just a pampering thing.

Perhaps it could be a good item when building a home, something that could be added to a master bath vs. an after market item.

This is my first time on this board, and threw out a simple idea, not my most eciting or passionate one. Although, the ones I think are great are often not that much better when I bounce the idea off people..... WHat do you think of this one....small electric coffee grinders are loud, right? How about a neoprene, foam like body suit (like a beer/pop can koozie) that the grinder slips into, hole for cord out the bottom side, and a matching cap for the plastic lid. About 6mm thick on the walls, and in kitchen colors, dk green, black, grey etc. It would muffle the sound a bit and not be so obnoxious??? Let me guess, another bad Idea? Ha.
By MAC DADDY
Don't mind that steve from what i have seen of his reply's all he does is moan about things, I think it is a good idea it would be a luxury item, for people who might not have time to drye there self with a towel just use this idea and there drye in no time. ;-D
By Steve
MD, I am not moaning about things, it's my natural reaction to think about something I see and come up with my own ideas on what might still need to be considered. It's like a discussion - a discussion can only develop when there are different views, without different views there are no discussions. That's probably the reason why, when I think an idea is perfect already, I don't post.

However, running this board is a learning experience for me, too, and one of the things I did learn that for every critical remark I make, I should an least write one praising remark somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't always have the time, I am trying to squeeze as much of my spare time into this as I can, but sometimes it's just not enough. Sometimes, it's 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, I am very tired, I just try to make a suggestion or two, and I leave. Unfortunately again, as English isn't my native language, it takes me much longer than it would probably take you.

I know that some of my remarks haven't been perceived well in the past, and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with that. For me it actually creates a difficult situation, because I would like to be able to make an occasional (critical) remark on my own site as well without being flamed. Not being able to do so also defeats the purpose of this site, because in a brainstorming process, developments are not achieved by everybody saying "yes" and "cool," but by listening to critique and either disproving it, or using it as a tool to improve your own work and/or thought process.

I have a very creative job in "real" life, and I greatly value any kind of input I get, no matter where it comes from or what it looks like. I always try to do what I would appreciate from others, however it seems like this might be the wrong approach in this matter.

As for my "moaning" - you probably noticed the critical remarks I made under the ideas I moved to the "Waste Reservoir" yesterday. I consider it a service. I see that people take the trouble and time to sit down and submit ideas to my database, and I think it's great, but then some ideas are simply incomplete, so I can't add them in this state. It would be much easier for me to delete them so they never show up, instead I created a public place where people can react to my critique and either convince me of the qualities of their idea or add the additional information they already had in their minds, but which they simply forgot to write down in full (happens fairly often imho). However, hardly anybody uses this chance, and all I get is a bashing on my head.

Mac Daddy, please tell me what I should do - as I said, I do appreciate any kind of feedback!
By Steve
P.S. Apart from the general problem which I am eager to discuss with you, I can't see where I have been moaning in this thread. 8-o I've compared Matt's invention to a candle-light dinner - I do hope that he can live with that?
By sun427
I do believe I saw something to that effect on Ripley's Believe it or not (TV Show). It was for two people and it was used at like Hotel pools or country clubs.....but I have not seen anything like it advertised for private in home use and I would like one. Even maybe turn it on while you shower and warm up your bathroom. My bathroom is always cold. Good idea ;-D
By MAC DADDY
Your grand don't worry about it, :-D
By test
It would be cool if you could add unconventually perfumed scents to the dryer in order to smell different.

I heard that chicks get hot and bothered by the smell of pumpkin. That would be a cool thing to smell like. (aka Pumpkin Pimpin')

Or you could go for "Funky Fish.", or "Wavy Gravy".
By Tommahawk
That is an excellant idea.
Why not have the body-dryer in the shower itself.

1) Have a shower
2) Dry yourself
3) Zap the perfume button
4) Get dressed

This would save, washing towels, which means saving water and environmently unfriendly detergents.

I think its a worthwhile addition to home appliance. ;-D
By Tommahawk
I am thinking about protoype. Work with me on this.

1)I'll get an air hand dryer. I think the construction of this is the key to the body dryer all we need to do is make it much more powerful.
2)I'll get a square steel box maybe big air-con ducts that are not used anymore and make a square chamber.
3) Make a number of holes in the air-con ducts.
4)Use plastic piping to path ways from the air hand dryer to the air-con ducts holes.

Can anyone see an easier or better way.
I think we could dry someone off in under 10 seconds if we made a more powerful air hand dryer.
By Michael D. Grissom
This would take at least 9 hair dryers (13,500 watts) which is more than some radio stations transmit. Most of the hot air energy would pass your body on its way to the ceiling. If you sealed yourself inside the box (top closed) and continuously recirculated the air, this could be reduced to about 3 hair dryers (4,500 watts) but, you would have to add an air dryer. To prove the method, see how long it takes just one hair dryer to dry your entire body. Note the time it takes and the wattage of your dryer.

I suggest using 4 foot long focused (reflectors) infrared tubes mounted vertically and one fan instead. The infrared only heats what it contacts (your body) and the fan will remove the moisture from your body. To prove the method, put one standard infrared heater and one desk fan on your bathroom sink -- point both at the same area of your body. See how fast you dry. Note the wattage of the fan and the heater. Also note the 'tan' you get in that spot.

I too hate the cold shock when I exit the shower and would love to see this problem solved. For now, the 2 opposing 3 foot tall infrared stand heaters in my bathroom keep me from suffreing too much.

Hope this helps the project proceed.
By Michael D. Grissom
oops,... I just tried this and, the desk fan is far too powerful. So, I tried a computer muffin fan instead and that worked perfectly. It works best if you don't defeat the infrared warming of your skin.

Sorry 'bout that.
By Tommahawk
Why not have the body-dryer in the shower itself.

1) Have a shower
2) Dry yourself
3) Zap the perfume button

4) Deluxe model solarium equipped.

So your saying we should include a few fluoresant lights and add the caperbility of a home solarium. The girls will love that.
By Michael D. Grissom
EXCELLENT!!! ---> Shower, dry, and tan in the same spot! All of this could easily be built into a shower insert.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]