The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
We need a website that lists all registered candidates for upcoming elections and that provides potential voters with as much information on each candidate as possible, such as their:

-voting history, if already a politician
-education
-affiliations and associations
-criminal record
-stance on issues (major and minor)
-articles written about them
-awards, commendations, etc.
-criticisms of their actions and policies
-ideology
-biography
-achievements
-any controversy involving them or their actions or those of their associates

This website must meet the following criteria:
-not-for-profit
-does not recieve corporate or political funding/contributions
-non-partisan, and as unbiased as possible
-moderated and cross-referenced for accuracy
-easily accessible to anyone
-free
-easy to navigate
-well 'advertised' via public service announcements to maximize awareness of the service

The idea here is to educate and thoroughly inform voters so that they know all about who they are voting for, so as to not get screwed by greedy or flip-flopping politicians. We need third-party information that is more trustworthy (fact-based) than what the politicians speak of themselves, because they will often say anything to get voted into office. Once they are in, they can do whatever they want even without the approval of the people who voted for them; so being able to estimate a candidate's pros and cons can be an invaluable tool in ensuring true democracy and representation.

I hate voting because I never know anything about 95% of the people on the ballot and therefore vote for the most familiar name (which is almost always the candidate with the biggest campaign budget) or based on party affiliation. I always feel like I'm giving my car keys to someone I just met...not a good idea; And it is way too hard and time consuming to research all the given candidates.

Reward: informed votes = more accurate representation = better politics!
thanks joejlitz. the youre right.
not criticisms necessarily, just facts.
but in a way that sheds light on any potentially negative aspects there may be about any given guy running. i do like to hear both sides of a story, know what i mean? if a guy is doing crooked things i wanna hear about it before i wote for him
i'll edit said part out if i can.
big will wrote:We need a website that lists all registered candidates for upcoming elections and that provides potential voters with as much information on each candidate as possible, such as their:

-voting history, if already a politician
-education
-affiliations and associations
-criminal record
-stance on issues (major and minor)
-articles written about them
-awards, commendations, etc.
-criticisms of their actions and policies
-ideology
-biography
-achievements
-any controversy involving them or their actions or those of their associates

This website must meet the following criteria:
-not-for-profit
-does not recieve corporate or political funding/contributions
-non-partisan, and as unbiased as possible
-moderated and cross-referenced for accuracy
-easily accessible to anyone
-free
-easy to navigate
-well 'advertised' via public service announcements to maximize awareness of the service

The idea here is to educate and thoroughly inform voters so that they know all about who they are voting for, so as to not get screwed by greedy or flip-flopping politicians. We need third-party information that is more trustworthy (fact-based) than what the politicians speak of themselves, because they will often say anything to get voted into office. Once they are in, they can do whatever they want even without the approval of the people who voted for them; so being able to estimate a candidate's pros and cons can be an invaluable tool in ensuring true democracy and representation.

I hate voting because I never know anything about 95% of the people on the ballot and therefore vote for the most familiar name (which is almost always the candidate with the biggest campaign budget) or based on party affiliation. I always feel like I'm giving my car keys to someone I just met...not a good idea; And it is way too hard and time consuming to research all the given candidates.

Reward: informed votes = more accurate representation = better politics!
It aready exists, it's called wikipedia.
What I'd like to see it a matrix. Something that says at the top row - guns, abortion, taxes, etc. and then the next row is candidate #1 and his views summarized with a link for more information. Possibly a link to articles about he/she voted on a particular topic, or articles where he/she was quoted speaking on the issue. The next line would be candidate #2. After that, maybe one more line for any other serious competitors, but nothing more than 3.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]