The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Ken McHugh
Receiver worn by the user. Transmitter(s) attached to defined item (briefcase, umberella etc). When a pre-determined distance is exceeded between the item and user an alarm is sounded reminding the user to retrieve the item.

Reward: Loomis fly rod
By martin 2002
hi, I like your idea, I have made a similar device to crude protoype stage, how about you? It would be good to compare notes if you are willing. look forward to hearing from you.
By ftfmayo
I submitted a similar idea to one of those submit your invention so we can steal it from you firms, and they sent me a list of several companies already marketing similar items. Something like that would be nifty for keeping kids and pets close by. Or perhaps for airport security, such devices could be attatched to passengers carry on luggage to prevent bags from being left unnattended.
And we should all be aware that our inventions may be used for purposes which we never intended.
By kenmac
What on earth are you trying to say! Just a few tips mate - THINK "What is it I am trying to say" and then add words in the right order.
I originally opened this post with a long sarcastic paragraph, which I removed after considering your advice a bit more than I originally had.

Thankyou for the tips, I will try to keep my posts short and simple in the future.

Hey Ken, I just realized that you may have originated this post. The usernames aren't quite the same so I didn't catch on right away, which is my excuse for this not being at the begining of this post where it most likely should be. Your idea is a good one, I was just trying to say that these devices are already on the market, so if you wanted one you could probably find it online. If your interested in developing the product, or something similar, Kids, pets or security may be uses for such a device that no ones thought of yet.

If I haven't pissed you off to much by now, I have several fishing/float tube related ideas that I'd appreciate your opinion on sometime in the future.
By Michael D. Grissom
This one is way over my head -- I have NO idea what Kenmac was referring to. Did he post something on another page that the rest of us don't know (yet) how to view? I read and reread ftfmayo's response over and over but, couldn't find anything that wasn't well written and perfectly understandable to me. I did notice that Kenmac used the term "mate" so might be in the UK. The brits have a kien sense of proper grammer (I saw "My Fair Lady" a dozen times or so) so, he probably saw something I'm not capable of seeing.
By kenmac
For the attention of M Grissom I have copied the message which I repied to and you could not find:

"I submitted a similar idea to one of those submit your invention so we can steal it from you firms, and they sent me a list of several companies already marketing similar items. Something like that would be nifty for keeping kids and pets close by. Or perhaps for airport security, such devices could be attatched to passengers carry on luggage to prevent bags from being left unnattended.
And we should all be aware that our inventions may be used for purposes which we never intended."

Is this a clear response? If you think it is then I suggest you see "My Fair Lady" again, but this time use use your ears and mouth in the same proportion. By the way there is no "i" in keen.
By Michael D. Grissom
NOW I see the problem. "Ken McHugh" (the originator of this post) and "kenmac" (the third response to this post) are the SAME PERSON. I had thought kenmac was being rude to Ken McHugh and I didn't understand why. Now I do -- the 'pot' and the 'kettle" are actually the same thing in this case.

And thanks for pointing out my "kein" error McKenmac. It's clear from all of your posts that you have mastered the english language and we are all lucky to have a mentor like you to teach us. Perhaps you might also be able to help us all with our manners as well.
By Michael D. Grissom
By-the-way Mckenmac, you may have a computer virus.
In your last post your computer changed what you typed from;

"unattended" to "unnattended"
"attached" to "attatched"
"carryon" to "carry on"
"use" to "use use"

This is either a terribly embarrassing virus or, perhaps, it may just be differences between the English and UK versions of the dictionary.
By Michael D. Grissom
CORRECTION TO MY LAST POST ABOVE:

The text in kenmac's last post with the possible Eng/UK dictionary differences was, as kenmac indicated, a paste from someone else. That's the last time I ever read my monitor without my glasses. Without them, those fine little quotation marks are completely invisible. I especially apologize to Ken Mchugh for deviating so far from his original proximity alarm subject matter.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]