The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By bumper76
If you live near a city or even a small town, there are large buildings everywhere and they all have tons of sunlight exposure. If you could put solar panels on all of those buildings and redirect the power back to the power company (let them figure out how to store it), it would be a win-win situation. We reduce some of our dependency on fossil fuels, the corporations that own the buildings save money on electricity, and we avert the next big energy crisis.

Reward: Some free solar panels for my house!
By Mrskar1674
If you were to find some way to create transparent solar panels, you could probably get a large office building to replace windows with the clear panels.
By jodonow
bumper76 wrote:If you live near a city or even a small town, there are large buildings everywhere and they all have tons of sunlight exposure. If you could put solar panels on all of those buildings and redirect the power back to the power company (let them figure out how to store it), it would be a win-win situation. We reduce some of our dependency on fossil fuels, the corporations that own the buildings save money on electricity, and we avert the next big energy crisis.

Basically allow private solar panels to feed the grid. gr8 idea, here in portugal at least it's already being done.
By DarylTate
jodonow wrote:
bumper76 wrote:If you live near a city or even a small town, there are large buildings everywhere and they all have tons of sunlight exposure. If you could put solar panels on all of those buildings and redirect the power back to the power company (let them figure out how to store it), it would be a win-win situation. We reduce some of our dependency on fossil fuels, the corporations that own the buildings save money on electricity, and we avert the next big energy crisis.

Basically allow private solar panels to feed the grid. gr8 idea, here in portugal at least it's already being done.
Good for you but in many other countries it is still not allowed..For this reason solar panels cost is very high
By DarylTate
DarylTate wrote:
jodonow wrote:

Reward: Some free
solar panel for my house!
Good for you but in many other countries it is still not allowed..For this reason solar panels cost is very high
Anybody else using solar panels?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]