The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Marianne Niesink
I'm sure it's happened to all of us at one time or another: either you can't phone someone because their phone is off the hook, or you yourself have not replaced the receiver properly, and nobody can reach YOU!

In North America, a loud tone sounds when this happens, but it only lasts for a couple of minutes. After that you could walk right past your phone and still not know that it was off the hook. A great invention would be a flashing light (or a flashing phone!) which would make it easier to notice the problem.

Reward: One of them there new-fangled phones!
By Sara Helen
This is a great idea, and I'd be interested in owning such a telephone. In our case, we'd need twelve, however. Between the house and the shop, we actually have twelve (12) phones for two (2) people! One of us is forever leaving the phone off the "hook."
By Ross
Hmmmm, my phone has that feature. I got it about 4-5 years ago. Its a good Idea though.
By will
how about it shocks you when you dont hang it up properly.
By Michael D. Grissom
I'd like to have a phone that electronically hangs itself up automatically when nothing is heard for a set period of time. This could also be easily done as an aftermarket device for those of us rich enough to have TWELVE phones.

:-)
By CycoMage
I agree w/ Micheal, since most phones today have a "ringer-off" switch.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]