The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Michael D. Grissom
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . D O L L A R . D R A F T
. . . . . . . . . . . . . D I R E C T L Y . B E L O W
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . T H I S . C L O U D
. . . . . . . . . . . . A T . M U R P H Y ' S . P U B

With two servo motors for X & Y axis, a diffused laser, and computer, you could write temporary ads and specials on thick clouds above beaches and heavily populated areas. The sign would come and go as clouds passed buy or an operator could target clouds like an anti-aircraft gunner.
By Steve
Any chance that this one would make it rain (dead birds), or be usable to remove clouds and bring out the sun again? :-)
By Michael D. Grissom
If it does then we can sell them to hunters and farmers. ;-)

I thought more about this the other night and realized this could be done by using a 1600 DPI (or better) laser printer and increasing its laser power by a factor of 30 or so and tilting the scanning mirror at a suitable frame rate.

THEN I realized that all I was doing was developing a computer projector like that used in classrooms and using it for a different purpose. So,... this post should probably be moved to the Business advertising section or Waste Reservior.
:~(
By Steve
Oh well, I think the idea is cool, so maybe someone else can solve the technical details. :-D
By zyx Rationalist
This idea is cool and perfectly possible. Infact most of the Ideas are possible, it is just that we dont know that as we have not yet done them.

Look at the coments that stupud people are giving instead of thinking on technical details of to make it real.

This is the exact reason why I have stoped submiting my ideas here.

Man was on moon and people still cant belive it. Probably because of their small and poorly connected brain.
By Michael D. Grissom
Don't give up so easily Rationalist. Never let the antagonist tell you whether your idea is good or not. Constructive criticism is great but every now and then you'll get someone that can't see the forest for the trees. Don't let them get to you -- just "take it with a grain of salt" and average it all out. Always remember that USA's best scientist and engineers all met and then published a statement that Thomas Edison was a lier and a fraud because they knew all known elements in the world (they were a few short on that call too) and none could possibly burn hot enough to create light for more than the few seconds it would take for that element to burn up. None of these hundreds of brilliant scientist and engineers ever considered putting the 'filament' in a VACUME. Thomas Edison was NOT formally educated which is probably why he succeeded where all the highly educated people failed. hmmmm
By Steve
My personal view is that if you are looking for feedback on an idea, you also need to be able to deal with criticism. If you pay a company many $$$ for a professional review, that might be something different (although if you require them to make only favorable comments on your ideas, your money is probably wasted). If you consider yourself perfect and want to keep the illusion, don't make your ideas public, but flaming people who give you an honest opinion on your ideas isn't a good alternative. Just my 2 cents, taken from the experience we've had. ;-)
By Stig Bakke's brother Stig
Michael D. Grissom wrote:Always remember that USA's best scientist and engineers all met and then published a statement that Thomas Edison was a lier and a fraud...
Er, Edison was a liar (although not in the case you mention), and quite a bit of what he did could well be considered fraud... ;-)
By CycoMage
I like the concept, but I think licenses and permits would not be forthcoming. The LASERs could potentially blind pilots of both airliners (break-in-the-clouds), and news/tour helicopters. When I was living back in Vegas ther was one MAJOR ruckus over the light on top of the Luxor. Without the $millions in play I don't think it would have ever happened. :-/
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]