The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By pankaj.jain
I have always been fascinated by History. I love the stories of kings and empires. I have checked a few sites on web. Lots of individual maps are available depicting the empires of different kingdoms at various points of time. Some are very small while some even depict the whole world. There are few websites focused on timelines about one thing or another. For eg, facebook has its own timeline of posts.

My crazy idea is to combine these two beautiful technologies. To elaborate, what if we use a highly interactive map like google map and give the user ability not to just navigate to different locations but to navigate to different locations on different timeline. For that, just as there is a zoom in/out option, we would create a time up/down option. In this way, user would be able to check out how our earth looked at a various point of time. There are unlimited possibilities to use such a canvas to carry out highly valuable researches. I would love to know how you feel about it.
By geryc
I really like this idea. As you say, it has endless possibilities and could open up a whole new area in virtual reality. I have always loved 'virtual tours' on museum websites but they're still quite rare. Your idea would take this much further to include not only geographical exploration but also 'time travel', with reconstruction of historical events and places, and so on. Gaming's all very well, but the educational possibilities of virtual reality are not being developed and promoted half as much as they should. This would completely reverse the bad reputation of history in schools!
By Uolevi Kattun
To make this possible we should begin to collect data. All digital photos and videos must have time, location and compass point information. Many cameras can already handle this. City and landscape miniatures, paintings and old paper photos must be digitalized with the same information. First this is maybe done locally for tourism purposes. In the future a robot can put all this material together and produce global historical scenes and maps.

When walking in the historical scene, you maybe want to read local news of those days? This is possible if all news in the web also have information of time and location (not place name but exact coordinates). Just point one spot on the map and you see what has happened or is happening there.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]