Nead a break from all your creative efforts? Cast your anchor here and enjoy a little chit-chat.
I have a deficiency in working memory and I never really considered myself creative. However, at times I notice that I come up with frequent ideas when discussing about projects as I immediately find flaws and dig in deeply into different ideas.

It seems like deficiency in working memory could help in convergent thinking, as smaller chunks of different ideas come in rather quickly. However, when it comes to divergent thinking, unless I have enough contexts in front of me, I usually am blank.

From your perspective, how can deficiency in working memory contribute to the process of creativity? And what do you think of my perspective?
I totally relate to this.
my memory, I observed, is the worst amongst my peers and family. I literally forget the start of a paragraph by the time I finish it unless I am focused to an extreme extent. I believe this made me superior to others in terms of focus and I can block out all distractions around me almost instantly. Also in school, I needed to force myself to 'understand' concepts rather than 'memorise' them. So, when it came to science and maths my understanding of the subject was above average. This also made me a very quick study as long as I can understand the subject at a deep level.
Although this doesn't relate to creativity, I believe a memory deficiency makes your thinking process much more profound and you look at the skeleton of the idea rather than the surface.
Juji wrote:I totally relate to this.
my memory, I observed, is the worst amongst my peers and family. I literally forget the start of a paragraph by the time I finish it unless I am focused to an extreme extent. I believe this made me superior to others in terms of focus and I can block out all distractions around me almost instantly. Also in school, I needed to force myself to 'understand' concepts rather than 'memorise' them. So, when it came to science and maths my understanding of the subject was above average. This also made me a very quick study as long as I can understand the subject at a deep level.
Although this doesn't relate to creativity, I believe a memory deficiency makes your thinking process much more profound and you look at the skeleton of the idea rather than the surface.
I can also relate to what you're saying :). I also had to deal with my studies in a similar way.

I do think it relates to creativity, but the process is different. Given that understanding and certainty is a basic human need, the bare essence of ideas are stored rather than larger chunks with excess data. Having a reservoir for ideas represented differently can impact the process of thinking as instead of simply yielding based on short-term memory, representational data from short-term memory is frequently paired with long-term memory to ensure consistency and clarity upon producing an idea. (I use "representational data" because having a limited memory means far more primitive data needs to be in place.)

I think divergent thinking is negatively affected by having poor working memory, so that's why it's natural not to exactly feel creative. But, I think having proper context and education can really enhance creativity, because now you have great facts and ideas all in the reservoir of long-term memory.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]