Yesterday's news and re-inventions that have been submitted to the Creativity Pool. See what they look like and where to get them.
By hpravin
We all know of answering machines in phones that read out a specific message for any call when we do not pick up the receiver for a few rings. I suggest an option to have customised answering based on who is calling. Example, if any of your relatives are calling when you are out on a tour, the message can be "I'm off to India. Will be back on 10th" while for others, you could just say "Pls leave ur number and I'll call back"

Reward: The product itelf for free (home delivered!)
By spanky47
I like this idea.....

I have found myself in a situation many a time where I would have liked to leave a specific message to a specific person (or people)....but didn't want to broadcast it "to the world".

Recently, I was in a situation where a family member was very sick and at the hospital. I needed to be there PRONTO...but it would have been nice to record a message to that effect and "designate" that message to other family members and friends.

This technology may be available on commercial systems....but I doubt that is available on home or personal systems.
By Michael D. Grissom
Your phone wishes are available!

http://www.epinions.com/elec-review-25F ... 7D39-prod1

AT&T 1782 Digital Answering Machine

....If you are expecting a call from a friend and you were to meet them but had to leave the house, you are able to record a specific outgoing message that will play to that phone number only. A recording like "Kathy, I left the house late so I will be there in a few minutes." This can be a useful feature, but you must have caller ID for it to work, so for some people it may be useless!
Attachments
SpeciMessPhone.jpg
OFFSHORE

Is there anymore need for physical cards? I suppos[…]

A Place for problems and solutions

This is a really good proposal. One title could be[…]

Team Innovating Forum

Are there forums for team innovating? Normally peo[…]

Whats your favorite Xbox game?

Mine is outrun2