The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Steve
Like most men, I love drinking beer, but there are times when I'd rather not. On those rare occasions, I find myself scanning the menu (or searching the local supermarket) for alternatives.

The problem is that if you don't want to give yourself a sugar overdose (=soft drinks), your choice is pretty limited. Non-alcoholic beer usually tastes awful, and apart from that there seems to be no beverage that's neither sweet nor contains alcohol. Fruit juices are sweet as well, spending the evening drinking water isn't the most exciting perspective and the few other choices (Kombucha?!) cost a fortune.

I think it's high time that someone invents a beverage that's reasonably priced and fills the gap between soft drinks and beer.

Reward: Free supplies of the new beverage
By Piromaniac
I want almost exactly the opposite! I want a fruit drink that gives you a buzz! (yes I know! there already out there... -.-) .
But mine would be hangover-less and you could buy them out of a coka cola machine! ^.^
By Steve
Priomaniac, I think the solution for you would be the stuff that's already out there but with artificial sweetener instead of sugar. Pure alcohol (ethanol) shouldn't cause any hangovers, and if it's mixed without sugar, you should be fine.
By Michael D. Grissom
I like pure carbonated water with a twist of lime. Would that do the trick?
By Steve
Is lime the trick, or would lemon basically do the same thing? What you get over here is all with lemons, and while the first pint can be delicious, it's always either too sweet or too sour to drink it the entire evening.
By Michael D. Grissom
I don't think I could tolerate the taste of lemon. Whenever I have to play pilot within 12 hours or so, I'll drink the carbonated water and twist of lime all night. So far it's never lost its appeal. Now, if we could only find a way of preserving it without effecting the taste.
By TheTrekhippy
I love beverages! In fact, one would never see me without a beverage anywhere, ever. But not, normally, the same beverage for more than a three hour period. You see, in addition to loving beverages both hot & cold, both sweet & dry, I also love variety. I'm sorry to say but it seems so boring drinking the same beverage all night or day long. I would suggest beverages like coffee and tea, both good hot or cold, caff'ed or not, sweet or not, and a huge variety of flavors are available. Also, mix a nice clean club soda with juice, that will mild out the too sour/sweet juices. Milk is very versatile as well, with many variety's from Goats to Acidopholis and then the plain chocolate/strawberry or vanilla flavored cow's milks. And of course juice and milk are so very healthy! Hope this helps you!
By Rishi
[quote="Steve"]Is lime the trick, or would lemon basically do the same thing? What you get over here is all with lemons, and while the first pint can be delicious, it's always either too sweet or too sour to drink it the entire evening.[/quote]

Ginger(?), lemon, salted , carbonated(?), green tea(?) may work.

rishi
By pamelawebb
There's this stuff called "Twelve" which got a prettygood review in the New York Times a few months ago. I just sent a case (un-taste-tested) to my non-drinking, foodie relatives as a housewarming gift. We'll see.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]