The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Scott Kollodge
I know that lots of people would like to listen to music during class in a very secret, efficient way. I know how it can be done.

All you need is a MP3 player, Mini Disc player, CD player or any audio device with a stereo/headphone jack. There is a small antenna that plugs into your audio device's stereo/headphone jack. You also get a specially designed pencil which has a built-in receiver and speaker at the end. So what happens is you turn on your audio device and the music is sent from the antenna and picked up by the receiver in the pencil and you hear the music from the pencil. The pencil will look almost exactly like the PhD pencils. To get the eraser, you pull on the small speaker and a cartridge about 2 inches long comes out with an eraser on the other end. When the speaker is out, it twists to turn it on/off and for volume control. The range of the antenna should reach around 6 feet.

I think this would be really sweet invention because you could just put your head on your hand with the pencil tip by your ear and you could listen to music during class or anytime since there aren't any wires to deal with.

Reward: A free antenna with pencil so i can listen to tunes during class.
By Steve
Oh the young people of today! When I was in school, I used to listen to skiing races by taking a pair of ear phones up my sleeve and hiding them in my fist. (Of course, this method is only good for winter sports, it doesn't work with a t-shirt. :-B )

Er, well, enough of the old stories. In a typical classroom setting, you'll be sending the signal directly through the table, this would have to be considered when building the sender. - I guess this device would also be an incentive to thoroughly clean your ears before going to class. ;-D

Anyway, I still believe that resting your head on your closed fist is preferrable to sticking a pencil into your ear...
Last edited by Steve on Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MooMoo
Or instead of putting the pencil to your ear why don't you just build a small earpiece to fit inside your ear and listen to music? It would be more convenient because then you could write AND listen at the same time...... or not... just a suggestion. :-D
By duh
hey, why not write your own music lyrics with the pencil at school, or better yet, do your school work at school, and then listen to music at home?
By Scott
In reply to your messages, you dont stick te pencil into your ear. The tip of the pencil is much like an actual ear bud headphone. You merely rest the pencil near your ear. And if you want to listen to music and write at the same time, you turn up the volume. Lastly, mr duh, you can do many things at home, but at home you aren't restricted to sitting at a desk and not able to talk doing math or english or whatever. This is t try and make class a little less boring. Some people find it easier to work while listening to music.
By J. Batman
I know that lots of people would like to listen to music while they're at bat in a very secret, efficient way. I know how it can be done.

All you need is a MP3 player, Mini Disc player, CD player or any audio device with a stereo/headphone jack. There is a small antenna that plugs into your audio device's stereo/headphone jack. You also get a specially designed titanium alloy bat which has a built-in receiver and speaker at the end. So what happens is you turn on your audio device and the music is sent from the antenna and picked up by the receiver in the bat and you hear the music from the bat. The bat will look almost exactly like the BTZ-Z Connexion. When the speaker is out, it twists to turn it on/off and for volume control. The range of the antenna should reach around 6 feet, but the bat will hit home runs up to 450 feet.
I think this would be really sweet invention because you could just put your head on your hand with the bat tip by your ear and you could listen to music during the game or anytime since there aren't any wires to deal with.

Reward: A free antenna with bat so i can listen to tunes during class
By ingozi
got a friend who's got an extra one. I'm supposed to get it next week. I'll post again and tell you the brand.
By ingozi
Hey, just wanted to keep my word about finding out the name of the musical pen.
It is in fact a famous and well respected brand - it's been around many many years, longer than I've been here! it's........Quasar!
yeah, and they are available at Fry's electronics from what I was told. Not expensive either....But then again it ain't no MP3 player yet....no, it's just a radio, but a radio with headphones you attach at the top of the pen. It comes with 4 batteries (2 of them are spares) and a replacement headphone/volume set. And i gotta say, it gets way way better reception than any big radio I've heard.
And considering that mp3 players are getting smaller all the time, it's more than likely in the works by now.
Good idea though - i think you should get credit.....
By MissPlayful
Steve says: “Oh the young people of today! When I was in school, I used to listen to skiing races by taking a pair of ear phones up my sleeve and hiding them in my fist.”

Well, in my high school days I had a pair of stereo speakers made in the shape of bra cups. I sewed them into a thick bra, with a lead to connect them to a small tape player hidden in a leather pouch on my belt. On with the bra and a top and away I would go.

I was the coolest chick in town. I came to be known as Miss Stereo Breasts. All went well for several weeks, but there was one problem. Martha was jealous. She didn’t like the attention my breasts were receiving. So she found out who had made my bra-speakers and had a pair made for herself, but these were massive size E. She looked awesome, she sounded terrifying. When I was dreamily wandering around playing Cliff Richard she would come up behind me and blast me off the tarmac with 130 decibels of heavy metal. The boys followed her in droves. But there was trouble afoot. The headmistress found out, and she hauled us both up in front of the whole assembly. Every teacher was there. Martha and I had to stand up and demonstrate. I went first. I played a few bars of Cliff Richard and then it was Martha’s turn. She switched it on. For five seconds the assembly hall shook as if an earthquake had struck it. She switched it off again, and there was dead silence. The teachers were speechless. Every pair of eyes in the hall was on the headmistress. This is the end I thought, we are going to be expelled. For several seconds she seemed to be struggling to say something, and then without warning she burst into hysterical and uncontrollable laughter.

There was total pandemonium in the hall, bedlam. It was the only time I ever saw a complete and utter breakdown in human self-control. Several students wet themselves, and one or two of the teachers probably - they were laying about on the tables up front laughing as hard as the rest of us. They made Martha and me honorary leaders of class for a term and she and I have been good friends ever since.
By Michael D. Grissom
I won't go into the details about my "mono speaker' ...I'll just simply concede that your stereo is better. ;-D
By defiant11
I guess wireless seems to be the way things are going.
The main down side is that anything without wires is it is easier to lose. Particularly if your a student in a college environment.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]