The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Stig Bakke's brother Stig
When Stig was on vacation up in Iceland recently, we used a chat program to keep in touch. Unfortunately, we wound up having a huge argument when I said soemthing sarcastic that Stig thought was meant literally, and we didn't speak with one another for a week afterwards.

Couldn't this type of misunderstanding be avoided if there were an easily recognizable typeface for sarcasm? Every word processing programm has dozens and dozens of typefaces nobody ever uses - this would be one that actually makes sense.

Reward: World peace. And a strawberry milk shake.
By Michael D. Grissom
Sounds like the perfect job for an emoticon but, you're right Stig, a type face would work everywhere. What would be an existing type face on the keyboard that we could use now?... like...

~this is sarcasm~

kinda like a sidewards "S" to stand for Sarcasm.
By test
<sarcasm>
I think you own me a milkshake
</sarcasm>
By Stig Bakke's brother Stig
<likewise>It's the MTV generation. Today's sarcastic kids won't stand for anything like that when there are boundless hip alternatives...</likewise>

test wrote:<sarcasm>
I think you own me...
</sarcasm>
We can agree on that. Don't you love typos? :-D (Hmm... maybe Mike's right and emoticons do work best!)
By CycoMage
Sarcasm is an art form. It is often misunderstood, even by the intended recipient. It is designed to B spoken as close 2 literal as possible, why should that change in writing? If U don't get the joke, 2 bad, if someone takes yours 2 seriously, 2 bad. That just means U pulled it off well, it wasn't so funny, & they don't know U so well. Besides you could always use 1 o' those other fonts U were writing about, or keep your humor 2 yourslf. :-/
By jincubus
I would like to say that this isn't a bad idea. I have frequently had problems in this area and gotten in numerous childish fights. I have however been using the elipses to try to fix this. Let me show you:

Yeah, your real cool...
No I don't wear womans underwear...
That television program is infinitely excellent...

The only problem is that sometimes people do not understand the elipses. I have to explain it to them and they learn after a while.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]