The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Eric J. Flynn
If you're anything like me, you probably get frustrated when you're driving your car on to the interstate and, as you are about to get on, some idiot decides to slow down/speed up trying to keep you from getting on in front of him/her, causing you to run off the road and him/her going berserk and crashing into the concrete barrier inbetween traffic directions. The next thing you know the police arrive and they are trying to figure out who's at fault (and you know that it is all yours - sarcasm of course).

Well any way, my idea is a device that would record all events that take place from the time you start your car including start time, time drive engaged, acceleration times/speeds, stop times, braking points/times, impacts. etc. That way, when you get in an accident, the police officer could point his handy InfraCode receiver at an infrared transmitter, say on the dash of the cars involved, and download all the information he needs to determine who is truly at fault. By knowing the information that I have spoken of about all vehicles involved, it would be very easy to determine who is at fault. Maybe even a program could be written to interpret the data and come to a conclusion within a few seconds. Actually this would be quite simple to implement as opposed to some other ideas.

Reward: 100% credit.
By Dick Wadd
Your idea is not so far-fetched. The National Transportation and Safety Board is already testing a system which will track relevant data in "black boxes" similar to data recorders in airplanes. Congress will probably mandate their use within 10 years. The general public may go along with it, especially if it means a reduction in insurance rates. Many trucking companies already use limited data recorders to keep track of drivers.
By Michael D. Grissom
Judge yourself accurately;

As soon as possible after starting the ramp, start judging the spacing on all visable cars in the lane you will merge with looking for the best slot and start accelerating accordingly -- do you?

You should be going slightly faster than freeway traffic when you start your merge -- are you?

You should ALWAYS have your turn signal on as you approach the merge -- do you?

You should, if possible, merge into your chosen slot closer to the car in front than the one at your rear, then ease back -- do you?

They will ALWAYS license IDIOTS because idiots MUST be able to get to work so that they can manage all the intellegent people. :~(
By A.I.
What's to keep the driver from editing the data? Genius used for good is inevitable to be used for the bad as well. Consider that.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]