Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By stephan d
Would anyone be intrested in helping (on the fiscal side) build an electric car that carries its own collapsable windmill for charging? I'm thinking small, like bicycle wheels and homemade pmg. ;-D
By stephan d
Wow, that's a great idea. I wish I could help but I'm unemployed, good luck! ;-7
By stephan d
A pmg or permanet magnet generator is a device used to transform mechanical energy into electrical energy. ;-D
By Michael D. Grissom
You must live in a windy area where you would like to charge the batteries while the car sits in a parking lot?

I hope your not thiinking of using the forward motion of the car to create the wind to turn the windmill. That would create more drag than the energy produced to overcome that extra drag. If you make that work you will have effectively produced the worlds first perpetual motion device.
By stephan d
Although I am intrested in pmds' I know that wouldn't work. I'm in Iowa and have heard that even being the tenth windiest state, we have enough wind if harvested to produce 30 times more energy than we consume in elec. and petrol. I do have a wonderful perpetual motion device, I'll give a hint- it's VERY BIG and almost round- ;-D
By Michael D. Grissom
DUH!..wait,.. don't tell me,..........I'm thinkun.........

hmmmmmmm,... "VERY BIG and almost round",.... um,.. um,.. DON'T TELL ME,... it's right on the tip of my tongue,... I'll get it,... um,.. has somethin' ta do with wind,.... um,... WAIT,.. sorry, gotta go call my patent attorney! BRB :-B

My patent attorney says she needs more hints in order to get a full patent so,.. could you give us a few more? We promise not to rip you off much. :-P

Seriously though,.. do you really feel that you have a more efficient way of converting wind energy? I'm a big advocate of this technology and have a very good friend in the business (professor Richard (*beep*) Springer who wrote books on the subject and took it to congress!). If you can convince me, I'll hook you two guys up and see what happens. HINT: I must be protective of my contacts.
By stephan d
I do have a different (to the best of my knowlege) idea of a coil/stator winding configuration, mayhaps yer friend has already seen it. Can I draw a rough jpeg and email it to you? I also have q's about other materials in pmgs' like silver and neodymium(sp) I'm only intrested in the greater good, no patent parinoia on my end :-b
By Michael D. Grissom
Same here Stephen ---> no patent paranoia here either.

My friend writes books on alternative natural energy resources like using tides and waves, wind, geothermal, electromagnetic shifts, etc. I have never talked to him about alternative materials in permanent magnets so I'm not sure about his expertise there. I'll ask him the next time we talk.

Sure,. send the JPG and I'll be happy to look it over. That way when we post/email/IM I'll have a clearer understanding of what you're attempting to do. My email address and IM names are in my profile on this site.
By stephan d
I tried making a drawing w/ my computer, but dont have a decent program for tech drawings. I'll keep working at it and try to get a blue print to you. thanks :-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]