The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Fred C. Dobbs
Formation of a new national park bisecting the Great Plains States from the Canadian border in the north to the Mexican border in the south.

Essentially a strip of land wide enough to provide grazing for a migrating buffalo herd, or two. - Benifits...

--For the environment would be in providing a migration corridor for the flora and fauna which used to travel freely north and south, according to the season.

--For the states along the migration route would be in tourist dollars, as people travel to view the migrating herd, as it passes through in its season.

--Employment and provisioning of the tribes of Great Plains Indians, as each tribe acts as managers of the herd as it passes through its territories.

Reward: My personal reward would be through culling the herd, bareback on a painted pony with a hunting bow in my hand.
By Elvis O'Toole
Yep, let's save wildlife... so you can shoot it. Something's wrong with this picture, but I can't put my finger on it.
By Fred C. Dobbs
ELVIS;

NOPE,,, I DON'T WANT TO JUST SHOOT WILDLIFE, I WANT TO IMPALE IT MULTIPLY WITH 3 PIECE SIOUX HUNTING ARROWS, THEN I WANT TO EVISCERATE THEM, BATHE IN THEIR BLOOD, EAT THIER STILL WARM LIVERS, SMOKE AND JERK THEIR MEAT, THEN MAKE SNAZZY LEATHER CLOTHING AND UTENSILS FROM THEIR HIDES AND BODIES...

TRUST ME, ELVIS,,, IT'S ALOT MORE FUN THEN JUST WATCHING THE HAIRY THINGS HOBBLE AROUND AND DIE OF OLD AGE......

FRED C. DOBBS
By Tommy Hawk
Ya know Fred i have serious doubts of your abilities to straddle a pony and shoot an arrow at anything let alone a moving buffalo.
maybe if you straddle the coffee table and shoot a pea shooter at your domestic pets it will fulfill some of your fantasies and snap you back to some kind of reality. nothing personal----not
By George D. Tinkerwinkle
A truely grand idea, but how, praytell, to reconstruct this old passage past the now existing railroad tracks, highways and roads? Do you foresee very long stoplights for these herds of buffalo? Won't this "park" adversely affect Interstate Commerce, and further weaken our shakey, foreign oil-based economy?
By Fred C. Dobbs
I ASK YOU AMERICA, AND MR. TINKERWINKLE, WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A FEW PALTRY HIGHWAY OVERPASSES, AND SEVERAL THOUSAND "BUFFALO CROSSING-RIGHTAWAY" SIGNS, COMPARED TO THE BEAUTY, THE MAJESTY, AND THE GRANDEUR OF A BUFFALO HERD MIGRATING ACROSS OUR PURPLED,(OR FRUITED), PLAINS ?

INDEED I SEE THIS AS NOT A OBSTACLE, BUT AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO INVEST IN OUR GREAT PLAINS INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS "INFRASTRUCTURE", (OR WHATEVER POLITICAL BUZZ WORD PLAN DESIGNED TO FUNNEL TAX MONIES INTO THE PORK BARRELS OF CONSTITUENTS WILL WORK).

AS FOR THE RAILROADS, I BELIEVE THEY WILL BENIFIT AS THEY HAVE HISTORICALY, BY ADDING EXTRA "SHOOTING CARS" ON TO THEIR TRAINS.

AND IN CONCLUSION MR. TINKERWINKLE, A NEGLIGIBLE EFFORT AT RESEARCH WOULD HAVE INDICATED TO YOU THE COMPOSITION OF A BUFFALO'S HUMP IS MOSTLY OIL. THEREFORE THE ABUNDANCE OF BUFFALO WOULD INDEED ASSURE OUR NATIONS PETROCHEMICAL SELF SUFFICIENCY.

FRED C. DOBBS
By Steve
Thanks for sharing your views with us, Fred. However, I'd be very grateful if you WOULDN'T SHOUT AT US LIKE THAT!!! (It's deafening.) Thanks again!
By Fred C. Dobbs
Webmaster (or S. Madre),

“FRED C. DOBBS BUSTED BY MESSAGE BOARD POLICE”

The caps are merely an affectation, a visual artifice to combine with a bombastic, bellicose style of writing.

The capitalization also makes it mite easier to see, for those of us who have followed the buffalo herds for thousands of years across the prairie, and are afflicted with the “Prairie Squint”.

Thank You for the concern,

*Fred C. Dobbs*

PS; Are those some gold teeth I see in the back of your mouth?
By Steve
Hi Fred,

the point is that I try to convince everybody on the message boards to express their bombastic, bellicose feelings merely by their choice of words (and not by the profane appearance of the letters they have typed). Anyway, thanks a lot for refraining from your previous affectations, and thanks again for noticing my gold teeth (which I am very proud of).

Let me use this opportunity to announce that I am planning to install some proper forums on this site (with real, emotional smileys, notifications on replies, etc. etc.) Unfortunately, not only my teeth but also time is golden, so it'll take awhile. Anyway, I'm workin on it. ;-)
By Stig Bakke's brother Stig
Cool idea, W-master! Forums on this site would be great! Will the smileys have gold teeth, though?
By Billy Mummie
Mommy ... my eye's HURT!

Please make the nasty man stop.

Is he gonna kill my bunny rabbit?

Little Billy Mummie
By Verner Shlyder
Don't worry Billy. Some people are just naturally rude.
These NRA types are a dime a dozen and are only interested in proving that they are capable of killing things because they can.
I am quite positive this is someone your mommy has told you to run like the wind from if you are confronted by him.
keep your chin up Billy
Best Wishes Verner
By Mrs. Mummie
Now, now Billy ... it's OK. His just an eloquent man expressing his ... um ... free opinions on life, capped letters and capped teeth. Oh, and Bison too.

Now hurry up and finish your liver before it gets cold. We have two more hides to scrape before sundown.

Little Billie's Mommy
By B. William Cody
I take it this whole post is an oblique reference to the theory of culling the herd of brain cells through alcohol. If so, nicely done!
By Mrs. Mummie
Your so right Mr. Cody ... where is the Temperance Union when we need them!

And mayhaps you have employment in your fine show for Mr. Dobbs?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]