The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By lamine
Building a house in the desert with very little material. Basically instead of building the house, dig it up. Add on some self tainting glass roof to benefit from all the sun light, a couple of solar panels in the 'underground' garden, which is obviously at the same level as your house (i.e. underground) and some system to recycle water for a month or so, while waiting for the next delivery by truck.

Would be great in Algeria where there is over 2 million squares kilometers of desert to grab and the state gives you free concessions for 99 years. Could turn into an estate (they give up to 100 square kilometers for free) and start up some hi tech, hi added value products business and ensure enough cash for the whole environmentally friendly thing to work out.

Problems: haven't got a clue on the architecture and technical stuff surrounding such a building project?

Reward: A free Saharan dug up house like this.
By Michael D. Grissom
Out in a western US desert there is a military aircraft "bone yard" where planes have been piling up since the 1950's. Within this bone yard are hundreds if not thousands of shiny (reflective) aircraft aluminum bomber fuselages that will last virtually forever. These can be bought for the scrap price of aluminum. I can visualize building an entire space-age looking neighborhood in the desert from this wasted resource. What a cool place to live eh?

Also, I read an article in Inventors' Digest Magazine about a lady who lived in a small house trailer in the desert that quickly became a millionaire by collecting tens of thousands of Tumbleweeds that regularly tumbled across the desert (blown by the wind) and boxed them up with a tape or CD (your choice) of all the old country western tumbleweed songs. The song copyrights had long since expired and the tumbleweeds were free. I just doesn't get any better than that!
Attachments
Animation for those that have never seen a Tumbleweed crossing the road
Animation for those that have never seen a Tumbleweed crossing the road
tumbleweed-3.jpg (2.13 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
By that'smyQueue!
What a good idea! I can't think why more people have not contributed to this. Only problem I can forsee if shifting sand... how do you stop whole structure moving/collasping?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]