The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Martin Wallace
This would be a good project for an Environmental Science/ Education Student. The physical object is quite simple, but the institution of the system would require much research and involvement.

The actuall object: A backpack that holds a 32oz thermal mug, a set of flatware, and a lenin napkin.

The hard part: One would need to do a cost analysis comparison between cost of waste removal and landfill use to the cost of distributing such a kit to all citizens of any given urban area. My assumption is that it would be very expensive to issue the kits initially, but over time the city/ community would save money from waste removal and landfill usage. The idea is to cut back on paper and styro waste from restaraunts and convenieance stores by issueing every citizen his/her own set of wares. This not only would cut back on the amount of waste, but also on the amount of litter, so there would certainly be an aesthetic value to it also. Businesses may even chose to get involved by offering discounts to patrons who bring in their own cups/ forks/ napkins etc.

I live in a somewhat progressive community, and I've seen many of the indie kids in town allready doing this on their own. I think it is a lovely idea which large urban areas could really put to good use.

Reward: No reward expected. The reward would be inherent in the execution of the idea. If a reward is necessary, perhaps to bail me out of jail the next time I get arrested for peacefull, non-violent demonstration.
By Stig Bakke's brother Stig
Communism is passé; nobody uses lenin napkins any more. :-b

Seriously, though, it's a nice idea, but why not just make non-reusable cutlery and dishes illegal for restaurants and the like? The idea will hardly catch on if it requires everyone to carry a backpack around,,,
By me
Ban disposable everything unless recycling a particular disposable would cause less pollution.

An easy way to give discounts to people who bring their own kit is to charge people for use of that item.

Wht's a Lenin napkin anyway?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]