Yesterday's news and re-inventions that have been submitted to the Creativity Pool. See what they look like and where to get them.
By Dick Wadd
Have you ever noticed that bathroom and kitchen sinks are installed at the lowest possible level? That is, the "average" short person can reach them easily. Well, you tall folks already know where I'm going with this. After bending over and washing a boatload of dishes for half an hour, your back gets really sore! I know we tall people can use this as a convenient excuse for NOT having to do the dishes, but let's be honest - how often do you really get away with that one? Right! You have to do it anyway.

So I thought it would be a great idea to rip out my old sink and install the ADJUSTA-SINK in its place. This would have a small foot pedal near the floor which would operate a hydraulic lift and allow for adjusting the height of the sink to one's particular comfort level. Below the counter surface there would be extra-long flexible hoses for water supply and drainage. A movable seal around the edges prevents water from the surrounding counter from leaking into the cabinets below.
By David Krautkremer
Believe it or not, the product is already on the market! I actually typed 'adjustable sink' into my browser to find exactly what you describe & there are several of them on the market like the one at http://www.bjindustries.com/ The main market for them is for families that have someone in a wheelchair. My son is, so I am looking for one.

Since I found one for you, guess you can install it in my house!!
By Rishi
Since adjusting the sink itself inolves too many adjustments to be made the plumbing, sealing and such can we think of an adjustable floor instead.

There are scissor lift platforms, which are set in the bottom of a pit, which can easily be raised or lowered by upto six feet. A 2 ft x 1.5 ft platform can lift upto 500 lbs.

Larger sized ones are commonly used in factories and warehouses. Even a wheel chair can be wheeled on to one at ground level and then the level adjusted to the needed height.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]