Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By slimdoctor
put a gyro on a motorcycle so when you stop at a light you wont have to put your feet down. also will work on bicycles kids learning to ride wont have to worry about falling over

Reward: cash
By Steve
NO cash rewards please - thanks!

Besides, what's a gyro? 8-o
By Rishi
Segway, a new concept human transporter uses mutiple gyro stabilizers for this same purpose. Please ceck out their site:
http://www.segway.com/

Gyyro-stabilizers have been extensively researched for mono-rails etc.

Rishi
By Steve
Rishi, did you mean any particular page at Segway? Couldn't find it on their front page. Thanks! ;-D
By Steve
Thanks, learned something again. ;-D

Still no clue though how this would apply to a motorcyle not falling down. :-?
By Rishi
Proobably what was in mind was to have a heavy flywheel separately powered for spinning mounted suitably (Spinning in a vertical axis) to act as a stabilizer when the bike is stationary. There will be no problem in straight line travel. I expect major precession forces to appear the moment a turn is attempted unless the gyro stabilizer kicks in only when the bike is stationary.

Rishi
By Steve
Rishi wrote:There will be no problem in straight line travel.
Actually I doubt that - just think of what a little wind resistance does to the average motorcycle. ;-7 And if you need to construct a gyro stabilizer that kicks in only if the bike is stationary, then you can just as well do away with the gyro altogether and have a center-stand that ejects automatically when the bike comes to a hold (or at the touch of a button). Seems like those are the reasons why this one is currently in the "Waste Reservoir". ;-)
By Rishi
I fully agree. I was not too convinced about the need for this sort of complex solution. What you suggested is the most logical, cost effective,(And useful) solution.

Let the thing remain in the reservoir for the present.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]