The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Rishi
Prof. Victor Papanek talked in his book 'Design for the Real World', about how more than a ton of metal is used to move a 150 pound human from place to place.

Many of the National Labs in USA are working on developing self-contained suits for use by the National Security people for use in all kinds of emergencies.

Most of a car is designed to provide a micro-environment to the occupant.

The idea proposed is:

Can a simplified version of the special protection suit be used in conjunction with a skeletal, light weight transporter, which could even have only three wheels and the drive mechanism in an open execution?

Such a transporter may weigh less than a third of the present cars and probably run for quite a while on a tank of gas.

Rishi

Reward: Less pollution. Saving non-renewable fossil fuels.
By myst1q
It's already there, aka autorickshaw. -lighter, economical, cost effective.
Rishi wrote:Prof. Victor Papanek talked in his book 'Design for the Real World', about how more than a ton of metal is used to move a 150 pound human from place to place.

Many of the National Labs in USA are working on developing self-contained suits for use by the National Security people for use in all kinds of emergencies.

Most of a car is designed to provide a micro-environment to the occupant.

The idea proposed is:

Can a simplified version of the special protection suit be used in conjunction with a skeletal, light weight transporter, which could even have only three wheels and the drive mechanism in an open execution?

Such a transporter may weigh less than a third of the present cars and probably run for quite a while on a tank of gas.

Rishi

Reward: Less pollution. Saving non-renewable fossil fuels.
By Rishi
I can see a line of the autorickshaws from my window right now. They are all what is claimed. In addition highly polluting, quite unstable, and accident prone. They are essentially tropical vehicles. I do not deny their usefulness. The auto (as they are called in India) drivers' union goes on strike periodically throwing the whole place into a tailspin proving how much we depend on them.

What was intended was an all weather micro-environment for a lighter, stable vehicle. It could well be a 4 wheel autorick.

Rishi
By Michael D. Grissom
I've always liked the idea of a gyroscopically stabilized bubble car. It would be like riding inside a giant air bag shaped like a huge M&M candy. I'm not sure but I think this may have already been done experimentally in Japan years ago. I'll search this tonight when I have time and edit this reply if I find anything. If I don't, then I'll illustrate what I think it should look like and post it here.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]