The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By suzuki_girl
I'm from portugal, and in my country some movies (like finding nemo or harry potter) has 2 versions, the original version and the portuguese...

Well, the original version is for adults and teenagers, and the portuguese version is for children, who can't read.

Sometimes i have to go to the movies with my cousins who have 4/5 years and i really have to go to the portuguese version. The childrem make very noise, with screamings and laughing, and sometimes i can't ear a thing, so i think... when i'm in a meeting, and the speaker is french (for example!) i have an headphones, and i'm listening a real time translating of the speaker... why don't we make the same system in portuguese cinemas? so, the parents see the original version, and kids have the phones to ear the portuguese version (or the other way)?!?!?

Reward: the cinemas will save some cash, because they have only one room for the movie instead of 2 rooms, like they do...
what do you think?
By Jayne
Neat idea. :-D
By Michael D. Grissom
This really is a great idea, especially in a culturally diverse place like America where it might be advantageous (via computer) to translate 5 or more laguages in a single theater via head phones.

They do this in some American theme parks like Disney (where all cultures come together) and have disposable ear pads on the ear phones so, this isn't something new as far as technology goes.

Economically I see only two ways to go here and that's either the translation earphones OR everyone learns the same language. I doubt the latter will happen anytime soon.
By nov8r
They already came up with that idea in Jesus time when they all spoke in diverse tongues and everyone understood.
But seriously a good idea.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]