Gather feedback on ideas and inventions that you plan to market yourself, or find partners for further development. Remember that anyone can read your post, so don't disclose any confidential information about your project.
By Alvatine
Hi my name is ***** ******** and I have been betrayed by a friend becuase we were doing an invention convention project an now he says he wants to work alone after long days thinking of the idea he steals it and leaves. I dont wanna get mad but get even and i need a new invention. Please could you help me. It has to be practical and easy to make. Dont pull jokes guys this is serious
By Michael D. Grissom
No problem Alvatine -- just post the problem your X-team effort was trying to solve (NOT the solution or any of it's details) and you'll instantly have a few hundred new team mates working on the problem with YOU here in the CreativityPool.

Be sure to ask yourself some seriously honest questions first though:

Who started the original project? Who identified the problem to be solved and how it 'might' be done (the idea)? Who came up with the original key concept for solving the problem (the invention)? Did the second member of the team join by invitation or by friendly association? YOU MUST ASK & ANSWER YOURSELF HONESTLY!

Think of an idea or invention as a personal diary. Too many times a really good friend will want to write really 'neat stuff' in your diary to make it even better (enhance it). Because they are a good friend and a really good writer, you let them. Unfortunately, in time, your friend will have added so much "neat stuff" to your diary that they begin to assume that it's their diary too. Some people can rationalize so well that they can actually convince themselves that your diary was theirs to begin with and could pass a lie detector test to prove it. Believe it or not, this is a VERY common occurence in real life -- it's happened to me four times. So, again,.. ASK & ANSWER YOURSELF (and only yourself) HONESTLY,.. who's diary was it to start with?

If it was YOUR original diary, come back and let all of us write some really 'neat stuff' in it for you. We promise not to claim it as ours when we're done.
;-D
By Clouddancer
Alvatine wrote:Hi my name is ***** ******** and I have been betrayed by a friend becuase we were doing an invention convention project an now he says he wants to work alone after long days thinking of the idea he steals it and leaves. I dont wanna get mad but get even and i need a new invention. Please could you help me. It has to be practical and easy to make. Dont pull jokes guys this is serious
Alvatine, actually you don't have a problem and you can stop your traitorus friend dead in their tracks. I have successfully written, appllied, and "prosecuted" two U.S. patents with out professional legal assistance of any kind (http://www.TheHardHat.com). Trust me, I know the rules. You simply need to suggest your friend consult the U.S. Patent Office basic rules and law. They will find that submission of an application claiming themselves as the sole inventor will be denied based on an affadavit from you that includes copies of anything -literally, you kept in the process. That's after they have invested coinsiderable expense just to apply. An application with that false assertion will also serve as evidence for a rather serious federal fine. If your idea/concept has marketable merit and your friend decides to proceed without patent protection for this reason or simple stupidity, any entity with superior capital will immediately "assimilate" it as their own without compensation. Either way, your former friend has no choice but to share it with you or waste their time and money. Bottom line, your friend is obviously uninformed and you can slam dunk the brakes on them, dead in their tracks.

Hopefully you have informed yourself as to the basics of intellectual property (patents) before persuing inventing. If not, you are guarenteed disappointment, not to mention loss of time and money.

I'm a newbie to this forum as of today, here initially out of curiosity and assumption of potential value. I would suggest however as an intial impression, that forum members here take the above statements to heart. They are not simply opinion.
By that'smyQueue!
I know, horrible isn't it, when someone you trusted, betrays you. Same thing happened to me- only worse. Legal wrangles took 4 years to sort. Meantime I lost my business- everything! In hinesight, I should have gone to the police to report the theft of my work and told police of blackmail threats against me. Better to attack than allow yourself to be bewildered by something so nasty.
Best advice I can offer is: 1. Let them produce the item, make the dosh, then sue them for the profits or 2. Move on, put it down to experience, you came up with one idea, you'll get other ideas- you're creative aren't you?
Nest time, make sure you COPYRIGHT the idea. Very simple to do. Not costly. Good luck.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]