Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By Kondor
I don't know how relevant this idea would be in the US but in Europe it's very relevant due to the number of low bridges.

Have you ever seen a truck stuck under a bridge or crash into a bridge that was too low for the height of the truck? Well here's my idea.

Have a 2 part device that's attached to the roof of the truck cab. The first part of device scans the height of the trailer or whatever is being carried on the trailer. The second part of the device scans forward to detect low bridges etc. A small chip in the cab then determines if the bridge is too low for the trailer and sounds an alarm if it is.

This might sound like a ridiculous idea to some, but I have seen 3 different trucks get stuck under bridges that are too low, and that's within the last 4 years in my own hometown.

Reward: Money, and lots of it.
By Steve
Sorry, no money rewards.
By Target359
just use a IR laser at wieght stations to give hieght indications. Of corse some bridges away from populated areas and or in low trafic areas dont have signs posting hieght :-[
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]