The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Daniel L. L.
Problem #1: During the summer months here in Minnesota, it seems that there is geese everywhere and goose poo everywhere (expecialy in suburban areas). I hear of people going to North/South Dakota and having an unlimited bag limit on their goose harvests (I bet most of the geese they harvest go to waste). It seems that we have a problem with an over-population of geese. It's just gross walking around a metro lake that is peppered with goose sh*t everywhere! We simply dont need all of these geese.

Problem #2: A lot of homeless people and they need food.

Solution: Why don't we have a team of professional certified people that go around in various metro areas and humanely harvest some of these geese. Also set up hunts in the Dakota's that are cheaper for hunters if they donate some of their harvest. If we can thin out some of these geese, maybe we won't have so much wasted game from people bringing home 50 geese from a unlimited bag hunt and not eating it. I certainly don't think that this would really impact the goose population too much if the DNR helps monitor the program. The geese can go to shelters and be served to help feed people in need. Goose certainly isn't like "phesant under glass", but to a hungry homeless person, it has more nutrition and better taste than a dirty sock. Beggars can't be choosers.

Reward: The opportunity to go on a "Donation Hunt" for free.
By ActorLawyer19
I like your idea.

Check out mine.

Both of our posts deal with eliminating hunger.

Its in 'The Sea of Chaos'

Post name: Self-Sustaining Prison Reform

Username: ActorLawyer19

Thanks
By LauraLouzader
I like your idea, and believe that it could be expanded to include many other of the the surpluses of food, land, worn-out housing, that this society generates.

I have submitted an idea to open unused city lands that have been abondoned by their owners for back taxes to be homesteaded by homeless people and others, according to the homestead laws.

Additionally, there are many forms of agriculture that could be pursued in urban basements, rooftops, sidelots. Hydroponic gardening and raising fresh water fish in basement tanks could help lighten the grocery bills of many an impoverished family, and projects such as these could be done on a community scale.
By NumboJumbo
Why are you intent on killing geese. Why not shift them to another area. What right do we have to kill animals when an alternative exists to transport them to somewhere else. I'm not suggesting to transfer the problem to another area, I'm just saying to transfer the quantities of geese needed to control the problem.

Let's look at another scenario. What if we humans were causing probs to the geese. What if the geese felt they had a right to pick you off the street and kill you. What if you personally wasn't even responsible for contributing to the problem with the geese. How would yuo feel then about the behaviour of those geese. What if you didn't even realise you were causing a problem. What if you were plucked off the street. How would you convey to the geese that you are sorry for your actions. How would you convey to them to try to find a way to live in harmony together. What if you were plucked off the street. What defence trial would there be in place to defend your actions.

See where I'm coming from? The geese are just simply killed for doing what they do. Look at an alternative aside from killing.

I repeat again. What right do you have to kill a goose if you don't know whether that goose has contributed to the problem. Geese have feelings. Humans have feelings. I sure wouldn't like to be killed because some geese felt like killing me. Think about it. Life is precious.
By thecroth
Why are you intent on killing geese. Why not shift them to another area. What right do we have to kill animals when an alternative exists to transport them to somewhere else. I'm not suggesting to transfer the problem to another area, I'm just saying to transfer the quantities of geese needed to control the problem.
I would argue that killing them for food is far more humane even then raising chickens for food, because at least the geese have the opportunity to live freely while they are alive.

But in other thoughts, I don't really know that this would work. I don't think that the problem with feeding the homeless is that there isn't enough food or money or time. It's more complex and cultural than that. In Raleigh, there are mulberry trees EVERYWHERE and there are a lot of public edible plants, yet the homeless people don't usually touch them. It's got more to do with the mindset that the homeless are in and the psychological problems they might have. Feeding them makes the rich feel good inside, and it might help them for a day or two, but it doesn't fix the social problems that cause homelessness.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]