The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Richard A. Black
While water skiing I tore my left hamstring. It takes a long time to heal, and putting on a sock in a conventional way is impossible. I use a round plastic food container that has a circumference slightly larger than the width of my foot. I stretch the sock opening so that it is supported and held open by the neck of the container. I then place it on the floor, opening towards the ceiling. Once 25% of my foot is shoved through the opening, the sock is released and collapses onto my foot. I am then able to use cooking tongs to reach the sock and pull it further towards the ankle, so that I can eventually reach it with my hands and fully pull it on.

I am certain there are a number of individuals who for various reasons can't bend far enough to put on socks, and having an assistant around all the time is impractical. Or absolutely dangerous, when she is still sound asleep and extremely adept at remembering the precise words she used reminding you not to even try skiing, especially after you had enjoyed great quantities of the fermented spring water of the Rockies and you exited the boat with a back flip shouting "y'all watch this!".

With a little creative refinement, like a more ergonomic receptacle than Tupperware, and a better grasping device than hot dog tongs, this idea could be very useful to those who cannot touch their toes and wish to avoid the hassle and expense of a personal assistant regardless of their motivation (although I would suspect mothers would be more sympathetic than wives). I suspect an extension device that requires little or no bending over would even be met with greater enthusiasm. Unlike Tupperware and frankfurter grabbers, this device does not need to be dishwasher proof.

Reward: One free prototype sample ASAP.
By Fiona
occupational therapists have designed 'sock aids' for people who cannot reach their feet (eg people who've had hip replacements, arthritis etc). they have a bendy sheet of plastic which is contoured and has 2 strings attached. you bend the plastic part so the sock can fit around it, and put the sock on it - it creates a space for you to put your foot in. You use the strings to help get your foot in place and to pull the sock up. when the sock is on you can remove the sock aid by pulling at thes strings.
By Andrew Adler
Seems like some kind of attached/removeable shoe liner for whatever shoes one can manage would do the trick as well. For that matter spring loaded clamshell shoes with latches might be interesting as well, for those who didnt want to use sandals. The clmashell could stretch the liner 'open'.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]