The perfect place for ideas that are totally insane, making them far too hot to be thrown away.
By WTF
Orrrrrrrrr how bout if time was named something else......... like "pickle" ..... yes, what pickle is it? ....... hey what pickle is our meeting? .... think you'll have pickle to meet me for lunch? ....... AHH THERE'S JUST NEVER ENOUGH PICKLE!
By jacobpatrick
hey if you think of time as being a man made gauge thats seems quite right.
but what about celsius and altitude these are both man made gauges but if your hot you know.
if your high up sometimes also you know. and in the same respect you know what a second feels like and a minute and an hour roughly. so quite probably they are there in some form or other.
By jacobpatrick
i had a friend who told me about this tribe somewhere or other' that had no words for time- past tense- present tense- or future tense. so to all intents and purposes they have no concept of time.
so the gauge of time would apear to be a man made concept.
unless these poeple had words for the hight of the sun or a natural instinct of some kind.
By AaronBurns
Jake, you are 100% correct. A straight A+ on that one. No kidding! :-) :-) :-)
By rocketeer1985mlm
Time is not a man made idea. Many animals have a good memory and remember the past which and also many of them plan, like an elephant that goes a long distance to get water, he isnt thinking of the now. So how we measure time is man made, but time itself is not. Its just the transfer of energy. Your right when you said that there is no time in empty space, because there isnt any energy to be transfered, but when you go there to see, your bringing matter that is constantly changing because of this shift of energy. Now when things travel at great speeds in the universe this affects how that energy is transfered in relation to energy that traveling at such great speeds. So this also brings to mind the idea of time travel... in order to do that you have to reverse the entire universes shift of energies. That simply can not be done, maybe there is a way but we will never have the amount of power needed to control the shift of matter in the entire universe. We can not even do it on a small scale because you have to remember that much of the matter on earth is from space, and many of the people on earth now are in fact, built of space matter. So in order to turn back time we have to be able to somehow put everything back were it was down to the smallest atom. Time is the transfer of energies from atom to atom and etc. There is no way to reverse this. Its like taking the ashes of a burnt paper and trying to reverse it back to its former state. I do not think this can be done, however science is a changing animal and one day someone very well may be able to turn back time on a small scale. Ummm, thats the way I see it.. just a crazy paratrooper's view of the world. What do you guy's think about time travel if in fact your view of time turns out to be the right one? This is a very interesting topic. How do you people plan to improve our system to measure time? Maybe something that is more universal, and not just dealing with our planet earth because one day we wont be here anymore.... What is a way that all the planets can keep track of time together with the shifts in the speed of time because of the speeds of the planets are not the same... the speeds of the solar systems are not the same and even that of the galaxy isnt the same. So that would mean that a "earth day" in this galaxy at seemingly a halted positon away from a star would in fact be moving with the galaxy causing time to be shifted from that of another galaxy. So if this turns out to be true and I think it might be, it could turn out that parts of the universe might still be in the first stage, very young beacause of there speeds. We might be in a slower part of the universe and so seen very old. If we can move to a younger part of the universe moving at a higer speed we might find a more healthy place to live. This of course is just a crazy theory. I might be way off. Ummm.. this really got me thinking, this is kind of interesting. I'll do some reasearch on the subject. I would like to think of a system to measure time for the entire universe so its all in sync, this is esp important for the transfer of information when the internet goes to the universe. Each planet could use two types of time. Local time depending on their speeds in the universe, and also the standard universal time, with a more importance on the meaning for the word universal. How we should measure this universal time im not too sure. Maybe the slowest point we can find, or maybe if we can find the speeds of each point in the universe we can do the math to figure out what the common, time of the universe is. I think we should just stick with earth time as the time of the universe, but if anyone else can think of a better system then by all means let me know. This is by far the most interesting subject that Ive thought about for a while. What do you guys think. I know my theory isnt perfect, but its pretty good for a 20 year old soldier without anything above HS. What do you guys think about my ideas of universal time?
By pura vida
wouldn't that mean nothing would exist in our world? In other dimensions I suppose it would be state of mind choosing to exist and whatever to exist.
By poolocks69
without time there yould be no age no age would mean no aztecs to invent the concept of time no ancient people to tell us what to do and therefore penultimatly we wouldnt exist because no one would no when to go any where
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
By AaronBurns
Yeah!
And you could sleep all day! Ha! lol ;-D ;-D ;-D
By pura vida
wouldn't that mean nothing would exist? How does the fifth dimension exist if time has no meaning/effect there?
By poolocks69
there is no fifth dimension therefore your post is invalid :-) :-) :-) :-)
By AaronBurns
You would most likely calculate the movement away from the center of the universe relative to it's ever changing speed and add that to the other mathmatical calculations associated to it's age. ;-D
By FatMatt
I'd be constantly missing trains.
By 'The One'
TIME is not a physical thing like matter. Time is in the mind, therefore it does not exist as such. Time, in a way, is an INSTINCT, a trick of the mind, an illusion or so to speak. Space and matter are opposites. Although there are loads of different types of matter, there is only one type of space.

Also, since we are unlike other animals we do not know this but what if other animals DON'T have a body clock or time in their minds and only use their initiative and improvise all through their lives?...Possibly?
By InventR
Very interesting subject. Me thinks Man conceived time to define Reality. But what is Reality? Are we all just an illusion of another reality? .......... sorry, movin back to time.

The concept of time travel i guess is a good example. You go back to see yourself in diapers......how does that work? you've altered one dimension (time) to go back, but you suddenly exist as two individuals if you decide to stay there. Is that reality biting or illusion knocking?
By Rishi
InventR wrote:Very interesting subject. Me thinks Man conceived time to define Reality. But what is Reality? Are we all just an illusion of another reality? .......... sorry, movin back to time.

The concept of time travel i guess is a good example. You go back to see yourself in diapers......how does that work? you've altered one dimension (time) to go back, but you suddenly exist as two individuals if you decide to stay there. Is that reality biting or illusion knocking?
Is there a possibility that if you go back in time and see yourself in diapers (the new diapers makes babies look over dressed), it may be that there will be only one you, the one in diapers that is?

The only catch is that you may not retain the awareness of the future you. If that were possible, there are interesting possibilities.

What I am suggesting is that if one can time travel, one would end up in that time as one was at that time and space and not as an additional person, the entity that started on the travel . This will avoid the various paradoxes and leave everything status quo ante.

rishi[/i]
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]