The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Rapunze123
My idea is a laundry basket cage which is spherical in design. The advantage of this design is that it can be rolled down stairs or along the floor using the hands or feet to propel forward toward its destination. There are no wheels or handles to this unit.

Made from the same flexible basket-weave plastic that is used on the sides of tradional laundry baskets, the laundry basket cage has a serviceably large, round hinged opening for loading and unloading the laundry. Closing the hatch completes the sperical design. It's now ready to be kicked and/or rolled down the stairs, along the hallway toward the laundry room.

When being used as a hamper or when unloading into the washer, there is a separate round plastic "stabilizing ring" where the cage rests. This plastic ring will sit on the floor under the cage, steadying the sphere. The ring is made of the same light-weight plastic as the laundry cage.

This begs the question, what about when you want to return folded clothes to other parts of the house? In the bottom of the cage is a shallow flattened surface for folded laundry. The lid (hatch) has an inset cut-out handle for carrying the sphere.

Carrying laundry baskets at arm's length is one of the hardest household chores. With gravity and its "basket ball" design, the laundry basket cage makes half the job easier.

Kids would be more inclined to get their laundry to the wash room. College kids would be kickin' their laundry basket cages all over campus town.

Reward: I'd like a lifetime supply of the laundry basket cages. Six should last me for a good long time.
By jacobpatrick
hey i think idea is brilliant they could come in a few sizes.
i bet ikea or adis would love this one.
you could make a prototype from straw or wicker.
By Rapunze123
Thanks, Jake! I've made a drawing of the spherical laundry basket, but can't seem to find the feature here to post this image. I've seen images on other posts, so I know it can be done.
By jacobpatrick
hey if you find out how could you let me know
By jacobpatrick
Sorry, guys - it's been done! See; didn't you know you were onto something great. Can't quite remember where, but I've seen something very much resembling what you're describing in a department store, with a wicker stand so that it doesn't have to roll around when you don't want it to.

Sucks, eh?
By Rapunze123
Well, I'll be darned. I've never seen a spherical laundry basket before. If you happen to remember where, please, post the site where it can be viewed online. Thanks, Rap~
Attachments
laundrybasket2.jpg
laundrybasket2.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 8021 times
By Steve
For the images, you'll have to send them to me - sorry, but I don't want to clean the site from adult pics all the time. ;-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]