The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Corndog5987
You all have heard of a spoon and a fork, and I'm sure many of you have heard of a spork (a spoon w/ a pointed tip so that you can scoop food and stab food). Well I was thinking that their should be a Sporf (spoon, knife, and fork combination). It would be exactly the same as a spork, accept on of the edges of the spork would be seraded so that you could use it to cut through your food. This would just make eating that much easier and convienient for the user.
By colacool2003
ok the idea is cool but if there is a sharp side to a fork, what keeps you from cutting you mouth with it? JUST A QUESTION
By Michael D. Grissom
WOW,.. you just made MY day! Perfect timing and coincidence. I just spent a whole week designing a knife/fork/spoon combination with the hopes of offering something better than the current silverware we use. I chose this project to be my first wire-frame 3D animation project because of all the necessary curved surfaces to fit either hand. It is designed to accomplish all functions using only one hand (great for handicapped). I was going to post it here but my business partner liked it too much to allow it.

The good news is that if you posted it, and I've been working one, then probably thousands of inventors are working on one also. This means that it will probably be marketed some day.

Search and read the success story of the "American Chop Stix". She invents things like this.
By grasshopper
Corndog5987 wrote:would be exactly the same as a spork, accept on of the edges of the spork would be seraded so that you could use it to cut through your food. This would just make eating that much easier and convienient for the user.
What would you use to hold the food while you were cutting it? Most people use a fork to hold the food in place while cutting it with a knife. If everything was in one utensil, how is it going to cut a piece of meat if it's sliding all over the plate? Unless, it was built to be the ultimate spork made in a Swiss-Army Knife style with attachments that stretched out straight and then bent at an angle... still sounds complicated, but good theory in general.
By Michael D. Grissom
The ability to cut with one hand, never expose a sharp edge to the mouth, and ease of cleaning are the patentable details that I can't disclose here. Sorry.
By tulrain
Sharpen the end of a spork to make a knife (plastic utensil fork/spoon combo).
By Nodster
In Aussieland this has been around for years, called the splade. Spoon, fork, knife in one. Keep tryin :-B
By Michael D. Grissom
I just spent an hour searching for a pic of a "splade" and couldn't fine one. Lots of information about them but no pic. All I can find out is that it is probably a spork with a dull knife edge on one or both sides. Do you have a pic?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]